The New Raith Rovers Thread

24 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

According to the Daily Record, Ross Munro is joining you guys on a development loan. Highly rated young keeper, for whatever that’s worth.

Very raw, but a full season of first team games will help him no end.

Saying nothing 

48 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

According to the Daily Record, Ross Munro is joining you guys on a development loan. Highly rated young keeper, for whatever that’s worth.

Very raw, but a full season of first team games will help him no end.

Is that the young boy that played the Irn-Bru cups for you? A couple of County fans I know rave about him but looked a bit dodgy in the final!

10 minutes ago, MoanEhRaith said:

Ross Munro officially announced, what’s the consensus?

Who knows. Needed cover until Thompson is back on his feet, he'll probably be first choice if he isn't utter shite.

43 minutes ago, Holy Marv said:

Is that the young boy that played the Irn-Bru cups for you? A couple of County fans I know rave about him but looked a bit dodgy in the final!

Yeah.  I know the previous coaching team really rated him (which is not a ringing endorsement), and it seems like the current lot do too.  Been in and around the under 21s international squad.  

Just now, foreverarover said:

Oh what the thought of being able to develop our own young goalkeeper. The lack of other than first team football will kill that off though I expect.

Would help if we had a young keeper remotely good enough to be honest. 

Would help if we had a young keeper remotely good enough to be honest. 
I know, we have let go a few over the last couple of seasons. This will be the issue with many a club who is not participating in reserve leagues. There are lowland league clubs now putting a team into the reserve league. If I had a teenage son as a goalkeeper it would be difficult to convince then to join Raith Rovers to be fair.

I know, we have let go a few over the last couple of seasons. This will be the issue with many a club who is not participating in reserve leagues. There are lowland league clubs now putting a team into the reserve league. If I had a teenage son as a goalkeeper it would be difficult to convince then to join Raith Rovers to be fair.

Which teenage goalkeeper have we let go, that you’d have liked us to keep?

Which teenage goalkeeper have we let go, that you’d have liked us to keep?

Exactly this. My understanding is that we would have had to pay a fee for Rory Brian that we were never going to do. Plus he looked short for a keeper and from what I’ve seen of McGuff, i’m not convinced he has a future at all.

Exactly this. My understanding is that we would have had to pay a fee for Rory Brian that we were never going to do. Plus he looked short for a keeper and from what I’ve seen of McGuff, i’m not convinced he has a future at all.
So what was the fee for Brian ?? Never heard this before. The club received how much in development money from folk ??? If you were told you development money was to secure the services of a goalkeeper who we will develop and have for the next 15 years. Or make a decent wedge in years to come. That is what I would have called good management. Either that or he wasn't all that. He seemed to disappear with little in the way of explanation.

1 minute ago, RRFC1989 said:

He's training with Cowdenbeath.

The guy is 17 ??? Give him a chance to learn under a decent goalkeeping coach. Not the guff we had as coaches. Bringing in mcgurn should have been the chance for our own young keepers to learn from him.

So what was the fee for Brian ?? Never heard this before. The club received how much in development money from folk ??? If you were told you development money was to secure the services of a goalkeeper who we will develop and have for the next 15 years. Or make a decent wedge in years to come. That is what I would have called good management. Either that or he wasn't all that. He seemed to disappear with little in the way of explanation.

From memory it was a fee to a team in Australia. One of the reasons we used Stevenson in goals as we couldn’t afford the fee.