Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Rovers, please please please, announce a signing, or the new hall of fame person, something to end the boredom of this tedious last few pages of this thread.

35 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Sone of the negativity on twitter regarding this season is frankly baffling. People genuinely suggesting we will get relegated. 

Any particular reason why? 

7 minutes ago, renton said:

Any particular reason why? 

Seems to be quality of signings. Im presuming these are people who haven't followed the Rovers for very long. 

9 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Seems to be quality of signings. Im presuming these are people who haven't followed the Rovers for very long. 

Aye, knee jerk reaction to signing guys from teams around us, all of whom bodied us at least once.

I'm incredibly optimistic about this season. 

In Vaughan and Hendry we have two of the potential best players in the league. A bit of luck with this new boy being a hidden diamond and an on-loan striker banging them in could turn this into a great season. 

I think we'll be there or thereabouts. 

So far I'm impressed with Brad Spencer going by Forfar fans he is one they wanted to keep. Reagan Hendry very good signing, Joao Victoria and Anderson will score goals from midfield.  If Michael Miller has put his injuries behind him then I think he will be decent, good career a few years back and injury has held him back. McDonald comes with mixed reviews but appears to be a fit lad with a decent engine. Put these signings in the correct formation with McGurn, Vaughan, Bene and 2 new strikers then we wont be far away.  Further if this French lad is a unit then hopefully we can start to bully and win the battles that the team have lost in recent seasons.

So far I'm impressed with Brad Spencer going by Forfar fans he is one they wanted to keep. Reagan Hendry very good signing, Joao Victoria and Anderson will score goals from midfield.  If Michael Miller has put his injuries behind him then I think he will be decent, good career a few years back and injury has held him back. McDonald comes with mixed reviews but appears to be a fit lad with a decent engine. Put these signings in the correct formation with McGurn, Vaughan, Bene and 2 new strikers then we wont be far away.  Further if this French lad is a unit then hopefully we can start to bully and win the battles that the team have lost in recent seasons.

I’m not overly optimistic of promotion but think we’ll defo be in the playoffs. I may be more optimistic with Wright back on loan, a tricky winger and 2 strikers (at least one who has a history of scoring goals).

Bit fed up of everyone saying because Nisbet was such a hit, that all our future strikers will be when we all know they most likely won’t be.

Biggest worry is if Vaughan doesn’t stay fit. Presume it will be mckay at right back and hopefully a partnership of the new boy and benedictus. Midfield we needed more pace, hopefully spencer and hendry will bring that. Anderson says he wants to play upfront so this (in the short term) is a chance to prove he can.

Not sure how good falkirks squad is. Not sure at the moment whether to be optimistic, will see what sort of a start both teams make to this season.

Biggest worry is if Vaughan doesn’t stay fit. Presume it will be mckay at right back and hopefully a partnership of the new boy and benedictus. Midfield we needed more pace, hopefully spencer and hendry will bring that. Anderson says he wants to play upfront so this (in the short term) is a chance to prove he can.

Not sure how good falkirks squad is. Not sure at the moment whether to be optimistic, will see what sort of a start both teams make to this season.

As long as Annie Lennox is on the bench and super Davie Mcgurn is no1 and maybe Dave Stewart at Right back

I’m much more optimistic than last season.

The team assembled by Barry Smith was honking, as shown in our cup performances.

Anyone thinking this team is worse is aff their nut.

Henderson has re-signed for Edinburgh city.

I’m much more optimistic than last season.
The team assembled by Barry Smith was honking, as shown in our cup performances.
Anyone thinking this team is worse is aff their nut.

Absolutely nailed it, fully agree!

What a bunch of virtue police. Live in the real world of racism. willy nilly finger shaking is diluting the real stand up cause of a new epidemic, of racism, not a observing view of big natural units that are black that are French that’s played for Raith . I had a gf that was just short of a 3 years relationship that was bi racial in Holland her brothers growing up and her mum especially had drunk around the table shit story’s. what a said was a observation fact, some black guys have natural bruiser advantage . the virtue police prob was spitting chips with the Man Utd fans singing about Lukaku having a big black boaby.

Anyway av got the score o ‘PC jump on throats brigade

12 minutes ago, Raith_Hoevers said:

'what a said was a observation fact, some black guys have natural bruiser advantage'

Aye, so do some white guys too, but it'd be pretty fucking weird if I went on about how it'd be good if we specifically signed a big, good in the air white centre back, wouldn't it?!

What a bunch of virtue police. Live in the real world of racism. willy nilly finger shaking is diluting the real stand up cause of a new epidemic, of racism, not a observing view of big natural units that are black that are French that’s played for Raith . I had a gf that was just short of a 3 years relationship that was bi racial in Holland her brothers growing up and her mum especially had drunk around the table shit story’s. what a said was a observation fact, some black guys have natural bruiser advantage . the virtue police prob was spitting chips with the Man Utd fans singing about Lukaku having a big black boaby.

Was your girlfriend a big unit?

Your grammar is on a par with your racist views.

Was your girlfriend a big unit?
She probably had a bigger cock than him.