Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

20 minutes ago, renton said:

Personally I've got no problem keeping McKay at right back assuming he can use the pre-season training, friendlies and cup games to iron out the kinks in his game in that position. I actually think he can do well there if he van work on his positioning further up the park.

I would agree with this. Possibly an unpopular opinion but I actually thought McKay performances were better at right back than centre back last season. I think once he develops greater physicality and improves in the air he will be a very good centre half but I think right back might be a good position for him at this stage in his development. 

6 minutes ago, patricelad said:

IMG_1560952189.760502.jpg could be him

Surely wouldn't need international clesrence with his last club being based in the UK? 

On 18/06/2019 at 12:03, baillieinleeds said:

An experience the #DDCB’s know all to well.

22 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m gonnae go debt dodging cheating b*****ds. Painfully unfunny, if so.

Baillieinleeds is my favourite Raith poster. 

25 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Looking forward to signing him next year if he's any good. 

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

Squad definitely taking shape now. If the french defender signs how many more signings do we think we need? As said, hopefully he can cover left back, in which case I think ideally I’d still want at least another 4 including loans. 

Miller and the Frenchman give us 7 defenders so can’t see anymore additions there. It’s safe to assume Miller will be our right back.

We need another keeper with Thomson out. Pretty glad it won’t by Lyness, he wasn’t the liability I thought he’d be in the play offs and his best game was his last down at Queens but he was very poor previously.

Obviously the players needed will be dependant on the formation we are planning to use but I am guessing a 4-2-3-1 will be McGlynn’s preference. I think as a minimum we need a ‘keeper, another wide player and 2 strikers. That’s taking the view that Vaughan when fit will be the 10 and Hendry will be part of the midfield 2. If McGlynn sees Hendry further forward and wants to play Vaughan wide left then the required signing moves from a wide player to another midfielder IMO.

All in all, happy with how quickly we have done our business this year. Nice contrast from last year when we started the league cup campaign with 4 subs and 2 teenage full backs playing wide midfield. Also noticeable the improved versatility of the squad. Of the outfield signings so far nearly all of them are capable of playing in a couple of positions.

Very well put, last seasons bet fred cup was a disaster with a bare minimum squad and now dispite the doom n gloom we do have options. Maybe not the quality of a Murray Nisbet or Gillespie yet but not as bleek as it some make ot out to be especially with the loans to come

The squad is starting to take shape with recent signings and another centre half about to sign. We needed changes to defence and midfield and JM has delivered. We look like we will be a big strong physical side which will be hard to beat. I reckon we have a Gk still to sign and either 2 strikers or a striker and a right winger to come in.  I'm also saw a young lad who is currently staying at the Strathearn Hotel who I believe may be training with the club. Dingwall done this last season. Build stature etc would suggest an attacking player. 

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

The squad is starting to take shape with recent signings and another centre half about to sign. We needed changes to defence and midfield and JM has delivered. We look like we will be a big strong physical side which will be hard to beat. I reckon we have a Gk still to sign and either 2 strikers or a striker and a right winger to come in.  I'm also saw a young lad who is currently staying at the Strathearn Hotel who I believe may be training with the club. Dingwall done this last season. Build stature etc would suggest an attacking player. 

FYI:  Noted elsewhere that Aaron Lennox is training with us

Yep, if Lennox/another goalie and the French guy sign we’re sorted apart from a couple of strikers and maybe a winger. Lewis Allan is on trial, McGlynn has a loanee in mind, he’s clearly looking for the forwards. He’s got it in hand.

FYI:  Noted elsewhere that Aaron Lennox is training with us
Lennox isn't a bad 'keeper but for a' keeper to be injured as often as he is there's something wrong there. If we start the season with lennox, a 38 (39?) year old mcgurn and Thomson out till January were asking for trouble which normally finds its way to our goalkeeping department without help. Don't think lennox really done that great with Cowden last season although I didn't actually see him play for them.

Quite happy with how the squad is shaping up though. Are we likely to challenge Falkirk? No, probably not but realistically were probably aiming for 2nd and if we can mount any sort of title challenge then we certainly have players who are capable of playing in a few different positions and systems to help that.

Not too fussed at Lyness leavi g tbh. Aaron is a great bloke who was desperately unlucky with injuries (particularly the DUFC u19 breaking his jaw) and wouldn't be the worst signing.
I'm not sure signing another centre half is the best use of resources but if the new French guy comes and it goes well then all good and well. In McGlynn we trust. Hopefully it can all slot nicely into place and gel some by the time the real action starts.

Lennox isn't a bad 'keeper but for a' keeper to be injured as often as he is there's something wrong there. If we start the season with lennox, a 38 (39?) year old mcgurn and Thomson out till January were asking for trouble which normally finds its way to our goalkeeping department without help. Don't think lennox really done that great with Cowden last season although I didn't actually see him play for them.

Quite happy with how the squad is shaping up though. Are we likely to challenge Falkirk? No, probably not but realistically were probably aiming for 2nd and if we can mount any sort of title challenge then we certainly have players who are capable of playing in a few different positions and systems to help that.

Lennox isn't a bad 'keeper but for a' keeper to be injured as often as he is there's something wrong there.

A wee bit unfair perhaps, the injury at Arbroath that finished his last stint was a freak occurance same as Thomson's injury at Stenny and the broken jaw against Dundee It's U19s could have happened just as easily to Cuthbert had he been in goal that day.

A wee bit unfair perhaps, the injury at Arbroath that finished his last stint was a freak occurance same as Thomson's injury at Stenny and the broken jaw against Dundee It's U19s could have happened just as easily to Cuthbert had he been in goal that day.
Aye that's true scotty, I'm more talking about his other injuries. I'm sure he only played a couple games or so at thistle then was out for a while and I'm sure he had his problems at Cowden, on top of his other injuries whilst with us.

So a back 4 of:

Millar
Bene
French bloke
MacDonald

McKay, Davo and Watson as cover.

Glad Lyness has gone apart from the second leg of the playoff final he was poor. I would have liked to get Wright back from Rangers certainly not to keen on bringing back Lennox he's injury prone and not particularly good.

The players page seems as up to date as it can be. Three short of our quota of 21 players.

Lennox?
Allan?
Striker

The players page seems as up to date as it can be. Three short of our quota of 21 players.

Lennox?
Allan?
Striker

A goalie and the French centre half take us to 20. Hopefully two strikers to follow as I think that’s where we’re let down at the moment.