The New Raith Rovers Thread

That is good feedback for the club on the need for a finance option. From reading it seems one or two may have expressed this to the club - but if more (like Calderon) would buy on this option then maybe worth a quick call to the club to push it along. Its a really big season and season ticket sales will help massively...

Two of my group are waiting on their July pay. Hopefully a few others are too and we will see a spurt of sales. 

14 hours ago, grumswall said:
14 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:
Finance option ?
dont folk know season tickets go on sale at this time of year ?

Not always as simple as that. Alot of people (myself included) can't afford to spend that kind of sum at one time regardless of knowing its coming or not.

Get a better job then.

It’s not always as black and white about being able to afford it or not. I had a season ticket for like 10 years or something, but didn’t get a season ticket for 17/18 season as didn’t think I would be able to attend as much games, so didn’t really see the point. Turns out that changed and I went to most games, but since then I’ve paid at the gate for home games, sat in the same seat I did before and picked up tickets for all ticket matches such as East Fife away with ease. Didn’t really find myself too much out of pocket vs having a season ticket either.

Ideally I’d like to support the manager by getting a season ticket, but the club will still get pretty much £250 in gate money from me over the course of the season, and gate money can help fund signings etc later in the season, so I’m not overly bothered. The finance option would be (and was in the past) quite convenient for myself and would mean that in unlikely event of a big all ticket game with tickets at a premium I could get, but if its not available that’s cool. I personally don’t feel the need to rush out and spend £250 cash at a time of year where it could go on heaps of other things.

It’s not always as black and white about being able to afford it or not. I had a season ticket for like 10 years or something, but didn’t get a season ticket for 17/18 season as didn’t think I would be able to attend as much games, so didn’t really see the point. Turns out that changed and I went to most games, but since then I’ve paid at the gate for home games, sat in the same seat I did before and picked up tickets for all ticket matches such as East Fife away with ease. Didn’t really find myself too much out of pocket vs having a season ticket either.
Ideally I’d like to support the manager by getting a season ticket, but the club will still get pretty much £250 in gate money from me over the course of the season, and gate money can help fund signings etc later in the season, so I’m not overly bothered. The finance option would be (and was in the past) quite convenient for myself and would mean that in unlikely event of a big all ticket game with tickets at a premium I could get, but if its not available that’s cool. I personally don’t feel the need to rush out and spend £250 cash at a time of year where it could go on heaps of other things.
Exactly. It's the time of year where I can take my daughter places and give her good experiences rather than spending my disposable income on myself.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Exactly where I'm at.

No significant incentive for me to shell out £300 on a season ticket for me and the wee man. With a summer holiday coming up I'm much more in need of that cash in my own bank at the minute.

I'll probably spend as much if not more in pay at the gate sales over the course of the season but I'm happy to take the risk.

If the club want my cash up front then I would look at a finance option but makes no real difference to me...

34 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

He introduced himself but it's not for me to reveal. 

Eh?? Your a supporter on a fans forum. You aren't the manager or chairman. If you have his name then share it or stop talking mince..