Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

From what I've heard the French defender is huge, an out and out centre half, not a left back.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Michael Miller confirmed, squad number 2. He’ll be our right back I think...

Hoping the French guy is capable of covering LB, otherwise we’ll have nobody to cover there aside from a very out of position McKay/Watson.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Surely a loan keeper is the obvious way to go here? Sign someone until the January window and then reassess at that stage depending upon where Thomson is with his rehab.

You would think so. I didn’t rate him quite as highly as some others but Kieran Wright was a decent ‘keeper. Bringing him on loan till January would seem a safe and sensible option.

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

From what I've heard the French defender is huge, an out and out centre half, not a left back.

He’s huge, he’s French and McGlynn has seen enough to sign him after only a few days pre season rather than wait till the friendlies? I’m not one to get carried away but I don’t see how this doesn’t turn out to be our best signing ever...

4 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

He’s huge, he’s French and McGlynn has seen enough to sign him after only a few days pre season rather than wait till the friendlies? I’m not one to get carried away but I don’t see how this doesn’t turn out to be our best signing ever...

Wasn't M'voto huge and French though. We seen how that worked out... 

17 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

You would think so. I didn’t rate him quite as highly as some others but Kieran Wright was a decent ‘keeper. Bringing him on loan till January would seem a safe and sensible option.

Agreed. I didn't think there was much between him and Thomson but it's unlikely we would be able to get a much better option really.

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Just how huge is this guy?

They are stitching together two sets of Roary the Rovers shorts just for him...

10 minutes ago, Sheevedaw said:

Wasn't M'voto huge and French though. We seen how that worked out... 

Reading the article he's apparently fast as well, so a big difference from M'Voto there if true. Imagine if he can pass a ball as well...

Anyone else notice how deranged Dingwall looks in his picture?!

Every picture of him he just looks like he’s been smashing the pills haha

Might is right, if he's any smaller than andre the giant I'm not going to be happy. 

19 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

He can only be our best ever signing if he's black.

Another cult figure in the Rougier / Marv / Tade mould would be just braw.

Personally I've got no problem keeping McKay at right back assuming he can use the pre-season training, friendlies and cup games to iron out the kinks in his game in that position. I actually think he can do well there if he van work on his positioning further up the park.

That way, if you want a 4-2-3-1, you have a back 4 of McKay-Bene-French guy-Macdonald which should be a far more imposing back line than last year.

The three in front you go with Miller and Spencer with Hendry sitting just in front. Miller gives you extra height in the middle and soem dig alongside Spencer, Hendry gets a more free role where he looked excellent last season.

Up top we are thin, but when he's back you play Vaughan on the left where he caused all kinds of havoc before, one of Victoria or Anderson on the right to give us more physicality and pace nad then we just need to find some kind of amazing all scoring number 9...

... and yeah, definitely should be using the loan market for a keeper. 

Personally I've got no problem keeping McKay at right back assuming he can use the pre-season training, friendlies and cup games to iron out the kinks in his game in that position. I actually think he can do well there if he van work on his positioning further up the park.
That way, if you want a 4-2-3-1, you have a back 4 of McKay-Bene-French guy-Macdonald which should be a far more imposing back line than last year.
The three in front you go with Miller and Spencer with Hendry sitting just in front. Miller gives you extra height in the middle and soem dig alongside Spencer, Hendry gets a more free role where he looked excellent last season.
Up top we are thin, but when he's back you play Vaughan on the left where he caused all kinds of havoc before, one of Victoria or Anderson on the right to give us more physicality and pace nad then we just need to find some kind of amazing all scoring number 9...

I don't see Ross Matthews not starting under McGlynn, at least initially, after the way he's talked him up recently.

9 minutes ago, kev23 said:

I don't see Ross Matthews not starting under McGlynn, at least initially, after the way he's talked him up recently.

Aye, true. Assuming the Matthews from the play offs turns up he should be a guaranteed starter.