Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Cheers, I take it we’re still using Puma?
It is still Puma. It was buried in this week's Rovers Digest that the kit delivery has been delayed by up to two weeks. The launch was originally planned for 20 June, and there's no new date yet.

2 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

Armstrong okoflex could be the striker

2 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

Armstrong okoflex could be the striker

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

?

1 hour ago, Wee Sandy said:

Wind up !!  ;)

According to Mcglynn in his interview if he hits the jackpot in regards to a loan signing it could well be the chap mentioned by our East Fife friend. Mr Ok-flex plays for Celtic and is regarded highly

4 minutes ago, basher brash said:

According to Mcglynn in his interview if he hits the jackpot in regards to a loan signing it could well be the chap mentioned by our East Fife friend. Mr Ok-flex plays for Celtic and is regarded highly

Sssssh.....(ah ken, ah ken min,we can but hope!!) Keep quiet with fingers crossed!

Edited by Wee Sandy

It is still Puma. It was buried in this week's Rovers Digest that the kit delivery has been delayed by up to two weeks. The launch was originally planned for 20 June, and there's no new date yet.

I’m really pleased we’re still using Puma, a quality product. Hopefully it’ll happen soon.

2 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Sssssh.....(ah ken, ah ken min,we can but hope!!) Keep quiet with fingers crossed!

Didn’t know it was a secret lol 😂 

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

The truth is, they have every right to rip the utter piss. They may well come back straight back down. They were way better than anyone in the league.

No argument from me on who was the better and hungrier side nor though who got the luckier with injuries. Arbroath sustained no lengthy let alone season ending injuries and as such being able to field virtually the same 1st choice  players proved to be massive, I doubt that they will carry such fortune 2 seasons running.

Seeing the proposed lineups here gives me absolutely no faith that Raith will be joining us in the championship. 

Best chance is for us to get relegated, definitely more likely. 

Seeing the proposed lineups here gives me absolutely no faith that Raith will be joining us in the championship. 

Best chance is for us to get relegated, definitely more likely. 

It will look a lot strong with Vaughan, Dingwall and 2-3 loan players. Would be fantastic to get some regular fixtures against the Townies again, wouldn’t complain if we switched leagues though!

37 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It will look a lot strong with Vaughan, Dingwall and 2-3 loan players. Would be fantastic to get some regular fixtures against the Townies again, wouldn’t complain if we switched leagues though!

That would be better than the status quo, but imagine how good it would be going back to the old division one we had for so many years in the 90's when it was us, Dunfermline, Falkirk and Dundee.

Four really good, well supported sides within a few miles of each other battling it out for the league.  Those were the days....

4 hours ago, stevoraith said:

That would be better than the status quo, but imagine how good it would be going back to the old division one we had for so many years in the 90's when it was us, Dunfermline, Falkirk and Dundee.

Four really good, well supported sides within a few miles of each other battling it out for the league.  Those were the days....

In those days any crowd of 3000 was considered a poor for one of those fixtures. Between 5 &7k was the norm for Pars games and you could rely on Falkirk and Dundee for 1.5 - 2.5k of an away support.

Too many flappers on this thread

I,m not a McGlynn lover but happy to give him time now this will be his team/ squad

Aiming big(ish), what about Jack Aitchison or Aidan Keena as a potential loan striker?

Both could probably get clubs in the championship for next season.

The McGlynn factor could well have an impact though.

Did Aitchison not basically shite it at Dumbarton and go back to Celtic cause he couldn’t be arsed?

This

Expecting Victoria and Spencer to chip in with 10 goals each this season as well, there definitely will be at least 1 striker in imo

Wouldnt pin my hopes on victoria scoring ten goals. He is a decent player on his day but can fade out a game very easily. Teams worked him out pretty quickly.

36 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Wouldnt pin my hopes on victoria scoring ten goals. He is a decent player on his day but can fade out a game very easily. Teams worked him out pretty quickly.

Cheers mate, you could be right but hoping Mcglynn gets the best out of him

I’m just hoping he delivers a good cross and can take a decent free kick so we can call him Victoria Beckham.

18 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I’d say the most compelling evidence of whether or not Victoria is capable of scoring more than 10 goals in a season, is the fact he managed 12 last season.

Aye, but was that because we didn't work him out?