Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

We didn’t score a lot of goals that season until Hardie showed up. It was probably one of those two.

It certainly wasn’t Craig fucking Wighton or Jon Daly.

If that's true, then that's a damn good deal for us. 

29 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

If that's true, then that's a damn good deal for us. 

Absolutely. A deal for a player who was part of the third worst defence in the SPFL last season in his last year of contract. I liked Murray but that's an excellent deal.

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

I wonder if the club will release any pictures of the first day of pre season training. I know they usually have in the past. Good fun trying to work out any unfamiliar faces.

There’s one picture on the ‘Rovers Digest’ email of pre season training. Apparently they were back yesterday.

Looks like Davo has re-signed. There are five players in the picture, 2 I’m not sure on. The other three are McGurn, Bene and Davo. 

8a2371eb-9080-40e9-b34f-330020937cb5.jpg?img1560506774632

Not the easiest of pictures to check but the other two are possibly MacDonald and McKay?
Edited by R.R.FC

It is MacDonald and McKay.

McKay - good. Davidson - I’m more annoyed about that than losing Murray and Nisbet. What a fucking disaster.

Next defender needs to be able to cover LB/CB. No point signing another rigid centre back. Should rule out McGeever?

There’s one picture on the ‘Rovers Digest’ email of pre season training. Apparently they were back yesterday.
Looks like Davo has re-signed. There are five players in the picture, 2 I’m not sure on. The other three are McGurn, Bene and Davo. 
  8a2371eb-9080-40e9-b34f-330020937cb5.jpg?img1560506774632&key=6a7076e31631db209b9d3e1dd643e8164eb924be530f294d53f3365436f00e07   Not the easiest of pictures to check but the other two are possibly MacDonald and McKay?

I think Dave McKay is the furthest away in the photo, and I’m assuming the player next to McGurn is MacDonald going by the number 3 on his top.

Thought the guy furthest away looked like Spencer if I’m honest...

Another year of Davidson after losing Murray and Nisbet is fucking gutting.

£40k I would be very happy with. Anything above his salary  (and surely we weren't playing him £40k) was a good deal. 

On the official site we’re after a new match day announcer. I nominate Frank.

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

On the official site we’re after a new match day announcer. I nominate Frank.

Image result for boring voice father ted

57 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

If that's true, which it isn't, then that's a damn good deal for us, which it's not

FTFY

It’ll no be £40k, it’ll be £15k with a bag of Mitre Delta’s, bibs and set of new goalie gloves for McGurn. 

Two days ago, the Record were reporting a high five figure sum, now it's £40k. By Monday it'll be £10k.

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

FTFY

Bit of desperation sneaking in here, trying to justify some way that your manager didn't just spend actual money on a league 1 centre back, none of you have ever heard of who was part of one of the shittiest defences in Scotland.

Just now, renton said:

Bit of desperation sneaking in here, trying to justify some way that your manager didn't just spend actual money on a league 1 centre back, none of you have ever heard of who was part of one of the shittiest defences in Scotland.

Not really desperation. Just find it funny that your best players turn to ratshit the moment they leave. Every. Single. Time.

We got a decent fee for Jacko and are redistributing it down the leagues. You should be grateful.

Another year of Davidson after losing Murray and Nisbet is fucking gutting.
£40k I would be very happy with. Anything above his salary  (and surely we weren't playing him £40k) was a good deal. 

Just because he’s training, doesn’t mean he’s signed. I’m not doubting he will but lets pray he doesn’t. No doubt has quality as we seen in both Queens games but doesn’t do it often enough and can’t imagine his attitude having a positive impact in the changing room.

With Murray going has that potentially changed mcglynn plans regarding signings?

We now need to replace him as a centre half and ideally a centre half that can play along the back 4 if needed.

Davidson better not be any more than cover or getting used in games against hammer throwers as an enforcer.