The New Raith Rovers Thread

This is exactly my point. The majority of people favoured Dumbarton due to the individual signings but they failed due to not playing as a unit. 
No cause not everyone said Dumbarton were the best. Yes hard work will get you somewhere but generally quality will always tell in this division.

I think our supporters might feel hard done by or something but I don’t get it. Nisbet owes us sweet F A. He came in with no one expecting much and if it wasn’t for him banging on goals, pretty much single handedly I’d guarantee crowds wouldn’t be as high etc. He owes us nothing and I wish him the best. Young talent beginning to grow, good on him. Yes it stings it’s to the Pars but s**t happens.

Be different if it was Vaughan, give that boy a 10 year contract. Love of my life, don’t tell the Mrs.

Players coming in are about what I’d expect for a team at our level, Hendry being the only exception. However can’t see these signings enticing many people to rush out and buy season tickets.

Players coming in are about what I’d expect for a team at our level, Hendry being the only exception. However can’t see these signings enticing many people to rush out and buy season tickets.

If Vaughan is nearing some kind of return in August then we’ll see a spike in sales. I’d rather he waited till he was 100%, no point rushing him and be crippled for life. 2 acl’s in a short career doesn’t bode well.

3 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I’d take Harry back in a heartbeat. He’ll destroy this league.

No chance!  Apart from the goal against Hibs he was poor. It was mainly just hype because he came from Leicester and the incredible season they were having. 

Hopefully we've actually got the cash of the townies first and that can be used for replacements.

Mcglynn will wheel and deal to fill out the squad bearing in mind there are hundreds of players without clubs that could do a job particularly part timers and wherever we're short will be filled up by the loan market.

In particular I think that's where we might get a keeper from 

12 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:
31 minutes ago, mealsonwheels said:
This is exactly my point. The majority of people favoured Dumbarton due to the individual signings but they failed due to not playing as a unit. 

No cause not everyone said Dumbarton were the best. Yes hard work will get you somewhere but generally quality will always tell in this division.

They were the pre season favourites 

compared with East Fife, Airdrie and Forfar our new signings are dross IMO not impressed what’s so ever ( hard hat now on) If I knew this is who we were signing I wouldn’t have renewed my season ticket again  TBH! and if the rumour is correct regarding McGeever who Brechin fans didn’t rate to strengthen an already crap back 4 weakened by Murray’s departure Jeezo I really fear for us next season

Spencer and Hendry look like good signings, Victoria hit or miss, Anderson no thanks. A lot will depend on who we still sign and quality loan players, but at the moment I agree EF, Airdrie have done good business and that's before we mention Falkirk. 

He’s getting some abuse on Twitter. Not fair in my opinion

Got to agree with this, I understand from the point of view that the players are joining the townies, however, it’s not like they’re Rovers fans so in a money making business surely a move to a higher ranked outfit where you would most likely earn more money is reasonable.

Plus I suppose getting a “high five figure sum” for Murray and around the same in compensation for Nisbet pushes us into a slightly better position

29 minutes ago, basher brash said:

compared with East Fife, Airdrie and Forfar our new signings are dross IMO not impressed what’s so ever ( hard hat now on) If I knew this is who we were signing I wouldn’t have renewed my season ticket again  TBH! and if the rumour is correct regarding McGeever who Brechin fans didn’t rate to strengthen an already crap back 4 weakened by Murray’s departure Jeezo I really fear for us next season

Signing players from the past who are past their best just seems a bit lazy even though they should only be for back up.