The New Raith Rovers Thread

I’m gutted too, this will be a season too far for him. The signing of McGurn is another that I don’t understand. Does he still have it at 38 or is he being used sporadically, or merely a coach. The rumours of us signing Brechin rejects also fills me with dread. But hey you can only piss with cock you’ve got. I know things are tight and we’ll have to deal with it. Gutted we couldn’t get Gaston and got rid of Lyness.

Really good upbeat analysis of the last day or so.

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

I’m gutted too, this will be a season too far for him. The signing of McGurn is another that I don’t understand. Does he still have it at 38 or is he being used sporadically, or merely a coach. The rumours of us signing Brechin rejects also fills me with dread. But hey you can only piss with cock you’ve got. I know things are tight and we’ll have to deal with it. Gutted we couldn’t get Gaston and got rid of Lyness.

What would be the point having three FT keepers on the books. This way we have some relatively cheap, dependable cover until Thompson is fit.

The rumours of us signing Brechin rejects is exactly that, rumours. As previously noted, no one saw us signing Macdonald until we did so happy to wait and see what guys we are bringing in.

Nisbet going is hardly a surprise. Does mean that McG needs to build a new forward line. Given he was quick to punt both Buchanan and Duggan knowing he was probably losing Nisbet must mean he has a solid idea of what he wants up there.

Really good upbeat analysis of the last day or so.

In actual fact, these are leading questions. Not negative in any way. A lot of us on here agreed that Davidson was finished. But apparently it’s a good thing. The Witch will always be a hero. So I’m hoping his appointment will be solely a coaching position and back up if need be. Wasn’t meant in any way to offend you.

What would be the point having three FT keepers on the books. This way we have some relatively cheap, dependable cover until Thompson is fit.
The rumours of us signing Brechin rejects is exactly that, rumours. As previously noted, no one saw us signing Macdonald until we did so happy to wait and see what guys we are bringing in.
Nisbet going is hardly a surprise. Does mean that McG needs to build a new forward line. Given he was quick to punt both Buchanan and Duggan knowing he was probably losing Nisbet must mean he has a solid idea of what he wants up there.

Gaston isn’t full time. The rumours are 2 Brechin players. Kavanagh being the striker and the other McGeever. Vitoria is another. Although they were good against us doesn’t mean they were good against others.

33 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Gaston isn’t full time. The rumours are 2 Brechin players. Kavanagh being the striker and the other McGeever. Vitoria is another. Although they were good against us doesn’t mean they were good against others.

I know what the rumours are. The Brechin players weren't very good against us either, and in any case the McGeever rumour went cold some time ago, the Kavanagh thing was literally just him being asked in for a trial when pre season training starts. I.e. he wouldn't be a player signed now, would he.

Assuming that Lyness leaves we'll still get a loan keeper to see us through to the January window at least, with McGurn being a back up. We currently have no fit goalkeepers on our books so need two in.

Why do we need two new goalkeepers if McGurn is a back up ‘keeper? Is McGurn injured at the moment?

No one has mentioned Blair Henderson for a while. Hope he along with Jaoa Victoria are two of the four mentioned.

ETA Getting Daniel Armstrong back on loan wouldn't be bad either.

Edited by Beachbum

How did nobody see it, people were literally posting about it weeks ago, myself included [emoji23]

50 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

No one has mentioned Blair Henderson for a while. Hope he along with Jaoa Victoria are two of the four mentioned.

ETA Getting Daniel Armstrong back on loan wouldn't be bad either.

Loans usually don't kick in until the first couple of weeks of the season when players tend to realise they're not getting a game. If anyone is coming from Ross County, I'd think it would be Harry Paton.

Calum Gallagher a shout as one of the two attackers alongside Victoria? Apparently told Dumbarton he won’t be returning. Airdrie were linked with him but Ian Murray said the other day there was nothing to those rumours.

2 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

How did nobody see it, people were literally posting about it weeks ago, myself included emoji23.png

True, but you posted more shite this year than the entire population of Scotland born in 1969.