Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

http://www.raithrovers.net/39906/kieran-macdonald.htm
a 2 year deal, subject to passing a medical
This was touched upon at the recent AGM, it was felt that Smith had signed players who perhaps knew they were injured.
He has also rarely been injured from what has been said on the airdrie thread the past week.

Happy enough to have a proper lb signed up who can also play cb. Typical mcglynn type signing.

14 minutes ago, renton said:

Ross Perry.

Reported for bad language. Use *** in future please.

Not exactly inspiring that Airdrie manage to upgrade their left back position while we somehow manage to pay a fee for the guy they're replacing.

First time we've had the chequebook out since Craig Winter? I'm sure John McGlynn was on the record fairly recently saying that Winter was the only player the Rovers had bought outright in his first spell.

Bit of a statement of intent from the board, too.
I think that Scott McBride was the last player we paid a fee for.

I know nothing about this guy, but he will easily be better than Callum Crane and Kevin Mchattie. 

I think that Scott McBride was the last player we paid a fee for.
We didn't pay a fee for Scott, we did pay for injections etc to aid his recovery (eventually) from injury, then released him.

MacDonald is another ex-Fifer. Decent enough technically going forward but defensively perhaps not so strong. 

I'm slightly surprised about the calibre of player you guys are going after, unless McGlynn is keeping a marquee signing up his sleeve...

That’s it officially confirmed as MacDonald. Never noticed him as a stand out for Airdrie when I’ve seen them, anyone know anymore?

Decent player at this level.

I'm slightly surprised about the calibre of player you guys are going after, unless McGlynn is keeping a marquee signing up his sleeve...

We’ve made two signings, and one of them was pretty much as ‘marquee’ as it gets at this level.

MacDonald is another ex-Fifer. Decent enough technically going forward but defensively perhaps not so strong. 
What like regan hendry... We've signed two players. Hendry and macdonald. Neither are particularly bad signings for league 1. A fully balanced squad with Vaughan, Nisbet and hendry in it will do well in this league!

MacDonald as mentioned by almost everyone so far, has absolute bags of energy. A typical young, fit laddie.
He is Noticeably superior in a back 3 (Imo) beside an experienced pro, than at Left Back.
Hope he does well, but has at least 4 Stinkers next season.