The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Fair play to Laidlaw. He’s had an incredible career for someone who’s barely played, and every time he has, has been awful.

He was MOM for Hibs against Brondby in his first competitive game back after lacerating his kidney.

Laidlaw is going to be one of those career back up goalkeepers. He'll retire in 15 years time with less than 100 appearances to his name.

Regardless, I am sure it will still be a hell of a lot more than yourself[emoji23]

3 hours ago, Easy Days for Raith said:

Dunfermline announced a new striker and it’s not Nisbet... San Starko it is.

I heard a few weeks back that the 'deal was done' for Nisbet (to Dunfermline). Supposedly had a clause in the contract extension re leaving if Raith didn't go up.

Regardless, I am sure it will still be a hell of a lot more than yourself[emoji23]
No doubt, but the reason he gets contracts at the likes of Hibs, Dundee United and Ross County is because they're looking for a cheap option who won't rock the boat and he's happy to accept being a sub every week rather than try and make his way as a first choice somewhere else.

Would rather get Laidlaw back than re-signing Lyness. I know he had his flaws but seemed to have improved during his time at Hibs and i’m sure he can’t be as bad as the pair we had. Would love to get Wright back but can’t see it happening.

Lyness is a bomb scare , get Wright back from Rangers

Leaving the Rovers? Obviously pish/dud. Stays? Excellent/roaring back

Not really I’m sure if you look back you’ll find most people didn’t rate him and few would have offered him a contract. If we resign Lyness he’s still pish/dud and you can quote me on that [emoji12]

Nope he was slow and one of the reasons our midfield lost us games. We rarely controlled things in their. We need pace and effort both sadly lacking from Wedderburn 

Nat always had the effort. He's not a pish player, he just needs the right players around him to be effective. He can pick out a pass and is generally tidy with the ball, but is prone to a misplaced pass and is as slow as a week in barlinie. I was a fan of what he did at times but I wasn't overly bothered we didn't offer him a new contract.

He's the exact same type of player as barjonas was for us but considering we didn't have the players around them to utilise them in that way, they were both bang average.

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We are taking on ex Brechin striker Ross Kavanagh for a trial. He was due to sign for Stranraer apparently but has knocked that back to try and win a deal with us.

That the guy who scored 2 goals when we played Brechin last time?  Take it he'll be one of our PT contingent?