Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Sorry but very unprofessional if true to say to a select few. Surely the club would not just dump the better players we have to go fully part time. Vaughan when fit is worth money. Nisbet also worth money. Thomson maybe not but injured so unless he gets a payoff I'm sure he will hang onto his fulltime contract. 

Love it when the ffp go to the pub at lunch time 

If they walk away then tbh there is no reason to trust the board of directors. We are as well just doing a pars and screwing everyone over
I wouldn't be back to starks if we screwed our creditors over. It's been hinted at by Murray that there are clauses in the contracts but surely, SHIRLEY our board aren't stupid enough to allow saleable assets like Nisbet to walk for free? Not after the bates situation. Or the callachan, or the many other times its happened... OK I'll shut up.

It would be infuriating if the likes of Nisbet and Vaughan were able to walk away for nothing. However, would they have even signed the contracts in the first place if there weren’t these clauses? 

Nobody would be blaming the board if Nisbet/Vaughan had turned down their contract offer and decided to try their luck elsewhere at the end of the season. I assume this clause was the only way they could get them to agree the new deals.

So in other words, even the directors don't know what will happen next season? 

Good to know. 

So what will happen with Vaughan and Thomson both will be out until the autumn so whose going to sign those two? As for the other contracted players if they cant find another full time club do they just hang around collecting a full time wage or as soon as we announce we're going part time they just leave?

Its worrying when two directors are telling folk two different things. I could be wrong but I assume the director telling folk in the 200 club what was going to happen was the fans rep. Its about time that was scrapped anyway the only fans rep who done anything was Alex Condie.

Either way I don't think many folk would be surprised if it comes to light that the board have made a mess of things let's face it start as you mean to go on.

I wouldn't be back to starks if we screwed our creditors over. It's been hinted at by Murray that there are clauses in the contracts but surely, SHIRLEY our board aren't stupid enough to allow saleable assets like Nisbet to walk for free? Not after the bates situation. Or the callachan, or the many other times its happened... OK I'll shut up.
I completely agree, I wouldn't set foot in the place either if that happened. I'd just go to watch junior football, with a bar overlooking the pitch, standing watching the game with said pint

44 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

So what will happen with Vaughan and Thomson both will be out until the autumn so whose going to sign those two? As for the other contracted players if they cant find another full time club do they just hang around collecting a full time wage or as soon as we announce we're going part time they just leave?

Its worrying when two directors are telling folk two different things. I could be wrong but I assume the director telling folk in the 200 club what was going to happen was the fans rep. Its about time that was scrapped anyway the only fans rep who done anything was Alex Condie.

Either way I don't think many folk would be surprised if it comes to light that the board have made a mess of things let's face it start as you mean to go on.

D6SIg-tWkAA_Gd7.jpg

14 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

I completely agree, I wouldn't set foot in the place either if that happened. I'd just go to watch junior football, with a bar overlooking the pitch, standing watching the game with said pintemoji3.png

But then you won’t live up to your username?

1 minute ago, Frank conner said:

That doesn't prove it was Sim that said it.

No it doesn't, but it is a bit of a stretch to hang comments on one particular director.

In recent times I have seen and spoken to most of the board in the 200 club, just because one is in the club more than others is a bit unfair to apportion quotes to that person.

But then you won’t live up to your username?
No I wouldn't but I'd keep my self respect, having given other clubs stick for doing it.

Does this board actually look for any kind of investment. They appear to rely on the goodwill of the supporters clubs to provide small inputs of money, however what the club needs is a large investment.  

We were told that new floodlights would be put in this season so the pitch could be hired out every night, that's not happening as they are struggling to light the ones we have. The railway side would be developed at some point to raise money I take it that's just a dream. 

Does this board actually look for any kind of investment. They appear to rely on the goodwill of the supporters clubs to provide small inputs of money, however what the club needs is a large investment.  
We were told that new floodlights would be put in this season so the pitch could be hired out every night, that's not happening as they are struggling to light the ones we have. The railway side would be developed at some point to raise money I take it that's just a dream. 
The railway stand needs taken down and a facility built behind the remaining steps including changing areas and a decent sized bar for both sets of fans. Have harped on about it long enough but do I expect it to happen. Probably not. A builder such as Alex Pemnan could create above for pennies. Alas you would finally have an income stream out with Matchday.

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

The floodlights have been upgraded by being re-lamped.

There was a noticeable improvement on Wednesday night, although there were still some lights missing.