Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
1 hour ago, Old Diamond said:
It will,  the longer you stay down the more they will stay away, cant see Raith going up next year either

The reason your crowds dropped is that you stole another clubs identity and place in the league. Simple as that.

Thanks for your input,  but you are talking pish,  the seaside league sounds great initially,  a few away days somewhere different, teams you haven't met for a while..   The long and short of it is , it is bloody hard to get out off as rait h are finding out,  the football from most sides is mind numbingly boring and you get skinned 16notes for the privilege...  Therein lies the problem,   A couple of years back the Raith stand behind the g o a l would have been nearly full.   Tonight probably about a th ir d full,   Next year probably le ss again same as ourselves,   Death by a thousand cuts scenario,  depressing yes,   Factual He ll yes..

good luck at Palmerston by the way. 

3 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Thanks for your input,  but you are talking pish,  the seaside league sounds great initially,  a few away days somewhere different, teams you haven't met for a while..   The long and short of it is , it is bloody hard to get out off as rait h are finding out,  the football from most sides is mind numbingly boring and you get skinned 16notes for the privilege...  Therein lies the problem,   A couple of years back the Raith stand behind the g o a l would have been nearly full.   Tonight probably about a th ir d full,   Next year probably le ss again same as ourselves,   Death by a thousand cuts scenario,  depressing yes,   Factual He ll yes..

Something happened after you typed this word. 

I'm assuming by you name on hear you support Airdrie. They lost a lot of fans with the Clydebank thing. They haven't recovered since.

Over the last 3-4 years the support hasn't dropped that much. The issue is the two men and a dog away supports that greatly reduces the average attendances. We also have Fife flyers in the town to compete with which doesn't help.

1 minute ago, foreverarover said:
7 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Over the last 3-4 years the support hasn't dropped that much. The issue is the two men and a dog away supports that greatly reduces the average attendances. We also have Fife flyers in the town to compete with which doesn't help.

Fair enough, Airdrie doesn't have that excuse, no real interest in Ice Hockey, but I am sure the Section B would find a use for the hockey sticks if the need arose.

20 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
32 minutes ago, Dack Janiels said:
Welcome back Raith O wait U never LEFT COYL

That reads like an eye test.

T E N

P O I N T S

a h e a d     b y  

the end of the season

If we have to be part time then so be it. 

I'd obviously rather that we were full time, but if we can't afford to do it properly then i dont really see the point. 

Being the biggest part time club wouldnt be anything to be ashamed of, if thats what finances dictate. 

Also, Nisbet aside, I really wouldn't be at all disappointed if anyone on the pitch tonight were to leave. 

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:
1 hour ago, Passionate said:

The Flyers has a huge impact on our attendances, Kirkcaldy is an average sized Scottish town with 2 full time pro sports teams competing for fans and sponsors, when flyers where in SNL rovers crowds where up now they are in EIHL they are down

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

T E N

P O I N T S

a h e a d     b y  

the end of the season

Glad you aren’t bitter about losing to us :-)you aren’t John Baird by any chance;-)

3 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

Huge gulf in class between the sides it has to be said. 

With the mounting debt and attendances dropping like a whores drawers I suspect Raith will soon become the biggest part time club in the lower leagues, (apart from Clyde of course).

Quite pleasing actually.

Being an east fife fan it is probably the only pleasure you get 

7 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Glad you aren’t bitter about losing to us :-)you aren’t John Baird by any chance;-)

????

1:1 Starks

0:2 Gayfield

0:1 Starks

2:2 Gayfield (after the league was won)

1st place in the league vs 3rd in the league. Why should I be bitter?

Best of luck at Palmerston on Saturday. Are you going?

Edited by lichtgilphead

Surely being one of the biggest part time clubs in the country is far better than being the worst full time club?

At this level, there isn’t too much between part time and full time players ability wise and players will probably earn more having a part time contract and a full time gig out with football.

Having watched the most of the game tonight, and seeing the likes of Davidson and Wedderburn masquerading as footballers, I wonder what the benefits of full time football are. Simple 5 yard passes that couldn’t even find a team mate. Fitness, isn’t an issue either as players look after themselves a lot better these days.

If Raith stay full time next season you will be competing with Falkirk for the worst full time players available, and I would fear Raith a lot more if they were part time as I’m sure they would be able to offer a decent wage to the best part time players out there.

Falkirk will still be pulling in decent home attendances next season, they won’t be scrabbling around for the worst available full time players.

I just said it to annoy you tbqh

And most of the time I don’t mean half the shit I say, I just want to illicit some kind of response. I’am after all Seethe Master General.

Biggest part time team in the country? 

I don’t think the tie is all over yet with qots, the first goal on Saturday will probably define that... raith still have a chance (slim but there) 

but don’t kid yourselves on that if you went part time, all of a sudden you are big fish. Part-time players have plenty options, junior teams aswell now with deep pockets, that will make offers even raith won’t compete with. 

Decent attendances dont equal decent squads. We are pretty much back to the basics of football, squad balance, and building the team around key players who stay fit and on form. Have you signed anyone up for next year, outwith the current squad? If not you are 2 weeks behind everyone else now, and the decent players go fast. 

If I wasn’t crabbit enough, I’ve just listened to that Off The Ball interview with Gary Locke.

F*ck me.

Mid-table and weren’t in any relegation trouble?

Didn’t have long enough to make his own stamp on the club?

His stamp on the club has put us where we are now.

I appreciate his IQ is probably at such a level that he finds off and of confusing, never mind there, their and they’re, but he can’t genuinely believe that?

6 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Being an east fife fan it is probably the only pleasure you get 

Man, how I laughed out loud when I read that.. #TopBantz

Assuming we can't claw this back on Saturday and take a decision to go with either a hybrid or part time set up, how many good part time players are likely to be available for us to sign? You've got Arbroath and Alloa a league above us who will be more attractive options and who already have most of the best part timers playing for them. Then you've got the guys that are already signed up by the likes of Forfar, East Fife and Montrose.
Anyone thinking that going part time means that we'll automatically end up with all the best part time players is kidding themselves. If people think this season was bad, next season is likely to be worse.

24 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Assuming we can't claw this back on Saturday and take a decision to go with either a hybrid or part time set up, how many good part time players are likely to be available for us to sign? You've got Arbroath and Alloa a league above us who will be more attractive options and who already have most of the best part timers playing for them. Then you've got the guys that are already signed up by the likes of Forfar, East Fife and Montrose.
Anyone thinking that going part time means that we'll automatically end up with all the best part time players is kidding themselves. If people think this season was bad, next season is likely to be worse.

So basically, we won't get good full timers because everyone in the championship and Falkirk will snap them up, and we won't get good part timers because of everyone else...

Edited by renton