The New Raith Rovers Thread

Higginbotham, Longridge, Connolly...yeah dream on. If we stay down I think people will be in for a shock with the calibre of players we’ll end up signing.

Exactly, that’s why I’m holding onto the speculation rather than the expectation. This will be a long and boring close season of meh.....assuming we stay down

14 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Next season regardless of what league we are in we will need about 9 new players.

In my opinion that'd be:

Another keeper, initially thought McGlynn might just raid the loan market but I think he will look for competition for Thomson once fit, wouldn't rule out a 6 month loan deal too though.

A Right back, this is an absolute must, but who?  Watson may yet become that man but mibbies not yet.

A Left Back, I see Rory McKeown was at the game last night, now that'd be interesting.  Adam Eckersley will be released by St Mirren, looked decent for Forfar.

3 in Midfield,  Matthews and some (3?) others needed, Hendry, Forbes, Craigen, Connolly, Hilson, (Cranes best two performances for us have been further up the park, just saying)

2 Wingers, Flannigan is signed but another couple needed here Longridge and a loanee perhaps?

1 Striker, Nizzy and Vaughan with Bowie, Smith and Tate coming through but we'll need at least another one. Could the pantomime villain Higginbotham be that man?

Central defenders not required if we keep Bene, Muzza and McKay. Do that  and I think we'll be fine. McDaid could be good for bench cover if we lose one of that main 3.

Obviously the outcome of the next 4-10 days will dictate just what we can and can't afford, next season we might be forced into more of a part-time set up.

We've got Dingwall signed up for next season who would either play wide, or off the striker - particularly if Vaughan is out injured at the start of the season.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Higginbotham, Longridge, Connolly...yeah dream on. If we stay down I think people will be in for a shock with the calibre of players we’ll end up signing.

:rolleyes:

Man , you are not wrong.

Sadly some gum bumpers seem to think we are minted as a club. 

There are some very harsh realities awaiting if we don't get promoted. 

Not to say we won't sign some players from the league above. But, remember, if we stay down then we will most likely only be able to sign those players because no one else wanted them. This tactic has not been especially successful thus far. 

11 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Losing Thomson should not have been the disaster it was.  To not replace him was a lunacy, on both managers part. 

Agreed. Was happy enough for.him to move on as we was likely to be one of our higher earners, but this was on the assumption that we would actually bother to replace him. 

Inexcusable that we didn't and we've paid the price the entire season. 

Whilst we might have some worries about Dobbie Queens would be a bit naive to not have similar concerns about Nisbet.
I love nizzy but dobbie is probably the best player below the premiership and could quite possibly do a job for most teams in the bottom 6 at least.