The New Raith Rovers Thread

Would love to get Connolly back, would imagine he’ll sign for Ayr or similar.

Connolly and also, Longridge would be brilliant signings regardless of what league we’re in for next season.

Probably in the minority here, but I’d be looking at Ryan Williamson as well, if we stay down, that is anyway. That may be based on nothing but the fact he’s a RB and we haven’t had one this season though :lol:

20 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Probably in the minority here, but I’d be looking at Ryan Williamson as well, if we stay down, that is anyway. That may be based on nothing but the fact he’s a RB and we haven’t had one this season though :lol:

With you on this. I think we’d need a more defensively sound option if we went up but if we stayed in League One he would be a good signing IMO. Would be nice to see a natural right back with the ability to overlap again.

40 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Connolly and also, Longridge would be brilliant signings regardless of what league we’re in for next season.

Was saying on the Falkirk thread he's be a terrific League One signing. Crawford needed to be pretty savage with offloading guys so he can put his own stamp on the squad.

Connolly never really featured for one of the least exciting Dunfermline teams I've seen in my 35 years watching the Pars.

Longridge always threatens to look the part but again rarely produces anything of note.

Williamson is  a strange one. He was exposed time after time at RB in the Championship unfortunately it looks on the face of it that his two terrible injuries have severely dented his confidence. However there some sort of attacking right sided player there, not a winger, but definitely something that a change of scene will hopefully bring on.

I've no doubt all of the players we've released will come back to give a f**k & haunt us at some point but I'm not bothered about any of them leaving apart from possibly James Craigen.

Do you not fancy taking Hippolyte or Danny Devine?

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I wouldn't disagree with Williamson - always thought he had the potential to be a really good player.

The play-off game wont be a ticket affair will it? 
With east fife's season now over i was going to wander along to see how you boys get on, but its been a while since i have been in the home end at starks! I would guess at pay at the gate?
Sit in the away end surely?
Maybe he wants to sit on the halfway line... Oh no, wait. [emoji6]

Seriously though, hopefully you guys come up and we can get a decent derby next season. With no Falkirk, its only likely to be the Dundee club(s) that bring a decent crowd with you.

Not sure what happened to Connelly, he had one or two decent enough flashes but otherwise he was pretty garbage. He'd still do a job in League One, and if you come up I'm sure he'd be OK. I probably would have kept Longridge on tbh but he'd be a good signing for you guys, although would you be needing a number 10?

Maybe he wants to sit on the halfway line... Oh no, wait. [emoji6]

Seriously though, hopefully you guys come up and we can get a decent derby next season. With no Falkirk, its only likely to be the Dundee club(s) that bring a decent crowd with you.

Not sure what happened to Connelly, he had one or two decent enough flashes but otherwise he was pretty garbage. He'd still do a job in League One, and if you come up I'm sure he'd be OK. I probably would have kept Longridge on tbh but he'd be a good signing for you guys, although would you be needing a number 10?

Our number 10 at the minute will more than likely be out til Xmas. So we’d certainly need someone til then.

Longridge played more as a winger his first time with us anyway.

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Williamson is  a strange one. He was exposed time after time at RB in the Championship unfortunately it looks on the face of it that his two terrible injuries have severely dented his confidence. However there some sort of attacking right sided player there, not a winger, but definitely something that a change of scene will hopefully bring on.

Williamson is an absolute bombscare at the back. Cannot/could not tackle to save himself.

I've read pars' supporters say that they can't believe he's a professional footballer.

Regan Hendry isn't getting offered a new deal by Celtic. I'd be delighted if we could get him back to Stark's regardless of the league we're in. The lad has a bit of an attachment to the club, so hopefully we'll see him for us after the Summer regardless of our level. You'd hope he'd be happy to work with McGlynn again.

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Regan Hendry isn't getting offered a new deal by Celtic. I'd be delighted if we could get him back to Stark's regardless of the league we're in. The lad has a bit of an attachment to the club, so hopefully we'll see him for us after the Summer regardless of our level. You'd hope he'd be happy to work with McGlynn again.

would be a fantastic signing, but potentially will depend what league we end up in, and what position we are in with the overall structure - FT / PT / Hybrid

Where is it being said that he’s not being offered a new deal?

Need to be going all out to her Hendry back. I dunno how many times we managed to get him, Vaughan and Nisbet all on the park at the same time but it wasn’t enough however long it was. Those three fully firing would do damage in this league and the one above.

Need to be going all out to her Hendry back. I dunno how many times we managed to get him, Vaughan and Nisbet all on the park at the same time but it wasn’t enough however long it was. Those three fully firing would do damage in this league and the one above.

Twice I think. Dumbarton away and Arbroath at home. Incidentally our best performance this season at Dumbarton, which also saw Flanagan have a blinder too. What a day that was.