The New Raith Rovers Thread

If anyone is interested the new geordie munro song is on AMAZON MP3 to buy.It should also be on I-TUNES in the new year if not before so hopefully folk will buy it as its for a good cause.The song was recorded by raith fans,directors,politicians,john rowbotham [ex ref] and also there was 2 or 3 professional singers on it inc andy chung and dennis alexander [raith fans].I know it may not be too everybodys taste but it was a bit of fun and recorded to raise some funds for the club plus RACHEL HOUSE and THE CHILDRENS WARD AT VICTORIA HOSPITAL.Its under GEORDIE MUNRO 2011.

Edited by BIGQ FAE KDY

When he was asked if someone came forward offering to invest 1 mill for example would that said person be turned away ,he answered yes then as he was persued on external investment he attempted to waffle his way out of it .Now if anyone had and was willing to invest a 1 mill I`d expect that person would want a big say in the running of the club and rightly so but the trusts thought up concordat would not allow a single investor as it for shared ownership .I`m sure if the club was about to go tits up they wouldn`t be long in ignoring that part of the concordat

Anyway,unlikely to come across that scenario. Christ were a rudderless ship as it is with no chairman ( 100k secures the position) never mind a mystery investor.

So, one director thinks letting another guy do 'an Anelka' would be a bad idea, while another one is still a glutton for punishment. Wonder what the rest of them think. How does voting on these things work? Does each board member get a vote or is it weighted in favour of who has the greatest majority of shares?

The whole who owns what thing, just makes my head hurt.

http://www.raithtrust.org.uk/?p=304

Edited by Scary Bear

dont know if anyone else has heard but we are apparently looking at bringing Pat Clarke in on loan to the end of the season, hope this wouldnt mean Baird was goin the other way.

edited to add for some reason the above posts never showed up when i came on here.

Edited by grumswall

So, one director thinks letting another guy do 'an Anelka' would be a bad idea,

The person in question was the fans rep although why they call him that I don`t know as he does not represent a fair portion of the support.he was also the one who had the mike at the time as he was tryng ro explain the concordat,there was no others voiced their disagreement as they are all in agreement with the concordatl

Wonder what the rest of them think.

We`ll have to wait on a potential big investor to find that out but as i said previously if the club was about to go tits up the concordat would be torn up.Wonder what the Chairman thinks,oh wait,we don`t have one

How does voting on these things work? Does each board member get a vote or is it weighted in favour of who has the greatest majority of shares?

I don`t think anyone knows how voting on these things work but would think that those that have most shares/majority,money invested would have the biggest say

There are supporters myself included who have more shares than at least one of the directors

The whole who owns what thing, just makes my head hurt.

http://www.raithtrust.org.uk/?p=304

Mine also but that has changed and not sure if that is the updated version

Edited by Rovers_Lad

dont know if anyone else has heard but we are apparently looking at bringing Pat Clarke in on loan to the end of the season, hope this would mean Baird was goin the other way.

edited to add for some reason the above posts never showed up when i came on here.

Do you rate Clarke better than Baird?

dont know if anyone else has heard but we are apparently looking at bringing Pat Clarke in on loan to the end of the season, hope this would mean Baird was goin the other way.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant you hope this doesn't mean Baird's going the other way? My initial reaction to this was that he's a Baird replacement though.

Should be good for five or six goals before the end of the season if the deal goes through. Could be the difference between survival and relegation.

Edited by Paco

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant you hope this doesn't mean Baird's going the other way? My initial reaction to this was that he's a Baird replacement though.

Should be good for five or six goals before the end of the season if the deal goes through. Could be the difference between survival and relegation.

i did mean that just got a new laptop and not used to typing with it yet, have a greenie

I`m pretty sure that if Baird was going to move in this window, it wouldn`t be to Dunfermline as a fee would be required. St Mirren are apparently going to make a move for him so it seems though Clarke would be his replacement. Pretty gutted if Baird does go but certainly couldn`t grudge him a move to the SPL.

There were rumours that Clarke and Baird were going to swap clubs in the summer, so it's not a surprise that he's joined Raith.

He's never been a first pick for McIntyre, although when he's been in the team, he's never let anyone down and history shows that he's more than capable of scoring at this level. Smart signing by McGlynn!

Also before i go, do you lot fancy taking Keddie and Potter for the rest of the season as well? :ph34r:

Also before i go, do you lot fancy taking Keddie and Potter for the rest of the season as well? :ph34r:

No, I thoroughly enjoy my weeky laugh at the Pars highlights on a Monday morning. The 'Chris Smith' special the other day was the best yet. More please. :D

No, I thoroughly enjoy my weeky laugh at the Pars highlights on a Monday morning. The 'Chris Smith' special the other day was the best yet. More please. :D

Chris Smith is the gift that keeps on giving for Rovers fans. <_<

Mind tune in for next weeks episode against Celtic.

Pat Clarke never got a chance under Dalziel!!!!!11111 :rolleyes:

I've never been impressed with Clarke, regardless of whether he's been playing for us or playing against us. However, he'll surely be of more use than Reynolds and will certainly be more useful than an injured Brian Graham.

Reynolds returning back to St Johnstone is good news - he's pretty much never featured, and McGlynn's apparent unwillingness to play him means that he has to go down as a waste of money.

I'm more concerned about which Hearts loanees we will and won't be allowed to keep, in allhonesty. If possible, I would like to see them all stay (maybe not Prycheynko), although if we had to choose between the other four, then I'd say David Smith and Jamie Walker are the ones I'd definitely look to keep. I'd happilly keep the others as well, though I'm often unsure what the point in having Danny Thomson is when McGlynn won't play him.

Happy new year slippytits....cue PC knocking Morton oot the cup..with a brace and one from BG......hic!

And to you, but you really should stop drinking if it leads to these sorts of delusions.

Edited by vikingTON