The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I'm more getting at the fact he hadn't addressed the clusterfuck of a defence. 

True. I’m assuming it’s budget related and due to injuries/transfers we had to try and replace Hendry, Armstrong and latterly Vaughan. 

That said, the defence is fucking hopeless and he hasn’t really tried to sort it.

Edited by Scary Bear

It was clear when McGlynn came in that he had a vision of how he wanted us to play, and that depended on Hendry and Vaughan. Losing both of them killed that.

But he didn’t do anything to replace them (not an easy task I know) and more worryingly kept trying to play the same way but without the two creative players that actually made it work. So now our play grinds to a halt while we just pass it from side to side as there’s nobody creative in the midfield to do anything, till eventually Davo thumps it long and we lose it. It’s just depressing to watch when you know that the keeper will roll it to Bene, he’ll pass it to Davo, he’ll give it back to Bene who’ll then pass it to Nat or Gillespie who’ll pass it back to Davo who’ll thump it long.

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I assume he had a budget too. Much as he’d probably like to he can’t afford to get a new squad in the January transfer window. 

I don’t think he’s done a great job but I think the injuries to the various star turns haven’t helped.

How do you replace the likes of Vaughan and Armstrong? He’s tried to with McGuffie and Dingwall. Is Barojnas meant to be the new Hendry? Just not the same.

He could turn out to be the new Barrie McKay, one goal to his name and then sits back and takes the money.

Fantastic performance from the Lichties thoroughly deserved win we set out for 3 points and deserved to be ahead at HT, thereafter sat back and asked the question of Raith who couldn't and never looked like replying. TOB my MOM with Whately not far behind. Hammy what a fucking cool finish when everyone was expecting a balloon over the bar.
Getting in the ground what a fucking joke frisking everyone, sure these Fifers just like feeling everyone up...weirdos. GET IN THERE LICHTIES.

If we lose next Saturday we're 2 points ahead of 5th place Montrose and in all probability we'll fail to make the play offs. McGlynn can chunter on about injuries all he likes but failure to get us to the play offs should be a sackable offence.
Nisbet was so isolated up front but it took McGlynn 70 minutes to address it. Absolutely awful. There are a good few of that side who I'd be happy never to see play for us again and they're not all Smith signings. I'm not sure that I would trust McGlynn with rebuilding us in the summer based on his transfer business so far.

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If we lose next Saturday we're 2 points ahead of 5th place Montrose and in all probability we'll fail to make the play offs. McGlynn can chunter on about injuries all he likes but failure to get us to the play offs should be a sackable offence.
Nisbet was so isolated up front but it took McGlynn 70 minutes to address it. Absolutely awful. There are a good few of that side who I'd be happy never to see play for us again and they're not all Smith signings. I'm not sure that I would trust McGlynn with rebuilding us in the summer based on his transfer business so far.

This

Some seem to think a play off place is a given.What i,ve watched under Mcglynn its anything but

As much as I'm enjoying these mini meltdowns, the argument of "he had a window to sort this out" is absolute nonsense. McGlynn's inherited a shockingly assembled and unbalanced team, and he had the January window where you can only really get players that clubs desperately want out or some  shite bonus loans from bigger clubs where the players you take on are always a gamble. 

25 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Remember Christmas? Seems a long time ago eh? Well we've won one league match since then. Absolutely atrocious.

I think the win over Pars in the cup then the Hibs game has been the smoke and mirrors. Look at that form. Yeeee

46247E67-71D8-4820-B8C9-98FB5DFA1F8A.png