Jump to content
Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Recommended Posts

For comparison, the attendance at the Hearts game - on a Sunday against a Junior side - was a kick in the arse off 15,000. Ticket prices were:
Adult: £15
Student/Over 65/Under 18/ESA : £10
Under 16: £5
I suggest Rugby which was not played on the Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read the article properly you just need to buy the ticket from the office prior to kick off like concessions have done all season. This should make no difference to the attendance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
At a time when we need as many through the turnstiles as possible we’re told the turnstiles aren’t functioning properly. You could not make this up. Without a doubt this will result in a not insignificant number of home fans not attending. The inconvenience of either have to queue to pick up a pre ordered ticket or buy one on the day - all from the office no doubt- does not encourage a casual fan to attend. Over to you Mr Sim to explain another shambles within your club.
If they are not willing to stand for a few minutes to buy a ticket before the game said casual fan really doesn't want to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Read the article properly you just need to buy the ticket from the office prior to kick off like concessions have done all season. This should make no difference to the attendance.

So everyone who wants to enter the ground will have to queue at the office to buy a ticket first. It may work, or if the majority of people turn up with 5-10 minutes to go it may lead to large queues, or worse still put people off going. We’ll just have to see how it goes. We’ll still need people at the turnstiles, so it may be better to give them the adult tickets to sell?

We do have a lot of season tickets so maybe it won’t be an issue. Maybe it’ll push people to buy season tickets next season. We probably should be looking at going cashless in some form or another. Having it forced on fans mid-season because of a technical fault isn’t ideal. The Rovers are not exactly where customer service wants to be. One week they are giving people subsidised transport to Edinburgh (yay!), the next week they are telling them their cash is no good at the turnstiles (boo!).

Edited by Scary Bear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of the Club Strategy Document, i’d suggest we’re some way from where we want to be.

A19F7153-F088-4467-BFDB-5611738D8686.png

F350009A-192B-4250-8E49-A08C020DD050.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, foreverarover said:
12 hours ago, Levenmouth Rover said:
At a time when we need as many through the turnstiles as possible we’re told the turnstiles aren’t functioning properly. You could not make this up. Without a doubt this will result in a not insignificant number of home fans not attending. The inconvenience of either have to queue to pick up a pre ordered ticket or buy one on the day - all from the office no doubt- does not encourage a casual fan to attend. Over to you Mr Sim to explain another shambles within your club.

If they are not willing to stand for a few minutes to buy a ticket before the game said casual fan really doesn't want to go.

Basically everyone bar the season ticket holders could be classed as a casual/occasional/big game fan. Making it more hassle than it needs to be to attend isn’t going to turn them into regulars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If they are not willing to stand for a few minutes to buy a ticket before the game said casual fan really doesn't want to go.

I stood in a pretty small queue for at least 10 minutes waiting to buy the 'friend for a fiver' ticket when we played Forfar and it's very slow moving. If we have the staff it may be worth trying to also open the two windows at the front, on top of the two at the side, to speed the process up. However, giving the turnstile operator a set amount of tickets and handing them out and counting the takings vs tickets issued seems the smartest way to go on Saturday.


I'm a super fan so have a season ticket so no issues here *smirks*.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Basically everyone bar the season ticket holders could be classed as a casual/occasional/big game fan. Making it more hassle than it needs to be to attend isn’t going to turn them into regulars.
If done properly it's barely even a hassle. Queue up, hand over money and get a ticket. Wander over to the turnstile which won't have much of a queue as people coming up will be staggered by the first queue and head in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, true_rover said:
5 hours ago, Scary Bear said:
Basically everyone bar the season ticket holders could be classed as a casual/occasional/big game fan. Making it more hassle than it needs to be to attend isn’t going to turn them into regulars.

If done properly it's barely even a hassle. Queue up, hand over money and get a ticket. Wander over to the turnstile which won't have much of a queue as people coming up will be staggered by the first queue and head in.

That's the case at EEP, with the cash being centralised you have less chance of individual turnstiles running out of change etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

That's the case at EEP, with the cash being centralised you have less chance of individual turnstiles running out of change etc.

The one time I was at EEP and had to purchase a ticket from the ticket office, the staff at EEP gave up in the end and opened a cash gate due to the lengthy queues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, true_rover said:
8 hours ago, Scary Bear said:
Basically everyone bar the season ticket holders could be classed as a casual/occasional/big game fan. Making it more hassle than it needs to be to attend isn’t going to turn them into regulars.

If done properly it's barely even a hassle. Queue up, hand over money and get a ticket. Wander over to the turnstile which won't have much of a queue as people coming up will be staggered by the first queue and head in.

We do have a lot of season tickets so you could be right. We’ll find out Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

We do have a lot of season tickets so you could be right. We’ll find out Saturday.

 

download.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

 

download.jpg

The club will be happy if that many turn up. Might have to delay kick off for a few minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You lot should sell these in your club shop.

#RaithMoaners 

Keep_Calm_and_focus_on_Moaning_Mugs_300x300.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You lot should sell these in your club shop.
#RaithMoaners 
Keep_Calm_and_focus_on_Moaning_Mugs_300x300.jpg.7fa9b0bfb9d4dd0445ca5c3ba2622fc8.jpg


Remove ‘moaning’ and replace with ‘Rovers’ and you could sell it in your club shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...