The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, Kdawg said:

I’m not too sure about the whole ‘the club needs a long term plan’ thing.

I think the rightful place for Raith Rovers would be a championship club that chases a playoff place. Obviously just now we are massively underachieving anything more than the above and you’d have to call it an over achievement.

Saying things like ‘there’s no strategy in place to move the club forward’ is just an empty statement... 

Also having structure or a strategy doesent prevent idiotic decisions, a long way towards why we are where we are. 

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Also having structure or a strategy doesent prevent idiotic decisions, a long way towards why we are where we are. 

True, but the point is to have robust systems in place to try and mitigate, as far as possible, Lockian interventions. That comes from having a clear picture of where we want to go, and how to get there, so that when that fucking human crash dummy wanted to blow big money on a geriatric Rudi Skacel with less leg articulation than a lego figure, the board would have told him to bolt.

It would appear Cat had spent time formulating a plan and it would seem our board kept it under wraps. Taken from his article:

“I wrote a plan for the club a few years ago and without even having a proper youth system in place, you could have had a team based on Ross Laidlaw, David Bates, Sean Mackie, Ross Callachan, Ross Matthews, Lewis Vaughan – all guys who were coming through.

“If that had been the Raith Rovers team two years ago would that have been a good team, and one supporters could have bought into? Is it better than what they got? Absolutely.”

Cuthbert pointed to the sale of Sean Mackie to Hibs in 2016 for a nominal fee before he had even broke into the Raith first team as an example of the club’s short-term thinking.

1 hour ago, Kdawg said:

I’m not too sure about the whole ‘the club needs a long term plan’ thing.

I think the rightful place for Raith Rovers would be a championship club that chases a playoff place. Obviously just now we are massively underachieving anything more than the above and you’d have to call it an over achievement.

Saying things like ‘there’s no strategy in place to move the club forward’ is just an empty statement... 

About five years ago at an AGM, John Sim was asked what his vision for the club was.

The gist of his reply was he thought we were a Championship club that would likely spend 5 of the next 20 seasons in the Premiership.

Oops!!!

Cuthbert does have a point that there hasn't been any real longer term plan. Also makes valid points with the sale of mackie, bates etc. These are players that could have been the basis of our squad, like Vaughan is, like Matthews has been.

Iv always said ripping up mcglynns youth system he implemented the last time he was here for the current one was a mistake. I could be wrong but most, if not all of those names came from mcglynns set up. We are a team that has to live hand to mouth due to recklessness in the past and the debts we still have from then though so having accountants in charge who will have been looking to balance the books instead of keeping potential wasn't going to happen.

It's quite obviously a peice from a guy who is wanting to get into management though so we can't read too much into it. He's just trying to get his name out there so he isn't forgotten about.

2 minutes ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

Gary Locke is a pundit on BT Sport and I’ve never been more fuming. First time I’ve seen him on it and since he relegated us. Nearly spewed

Are you sure he's not just bringing them the tea and biscuits?