The New Raith Rovers Thread

50 minutes ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

The boy is a local hero for us, I’ve never felt such sympathy for any player. From such high of the derby to this. Am I right in thinking he hasn’t had a full injury free season for the first team?

Side note: Before the new pitch was laid there is obviously concern for injury due to previous players being injured on them, but from what I can recall our pitch hasn’t caused any injuries has it?

If this is another ACL injury it will be the  3rd in recent times. Vaughans 1st was on the grass at Starks and Hendrys was on astro at Forfar. 

I'm still not a fan of the plastic but it (ours) certainly can't be blamed of any of the above injuries.

It’s a shame for the boy. Just scored a hat-trick in the derby and when we drew Hibs he must have been loving it and looking forward to the next round. 

Hopefully he can get himself fit and back playing before too long.

I don't think I've ever seen a player with such talent at this level, who has been cursed with such injuries. He's an incredible prospect, but sadly I get the feeling we'll never see how far he can go due to freak injuries. Really worrying as it must be getting to the point it's career threatening.

Aye the only reason he’s still anywhere near us is because of his injuries. He’d have probably been away in the January under McKinnon or even before the summer window closed that season.

Good news from an entirely selfish point of view but a real shame on Vaughan as he is a cracking player. Only positive is there is probably less chance of him moving on in the summer?

Good news from a selfish point of view?! Why? Because he won’t be here to try and help us turn over the 14 point difference? :lol: You’ve won the league anyway. Enjoy it!

As for the summer, he wouldn’t have moved in the summer anyway.

Good news from an entirely selfish point of view but a real shame on Vaughan as he is a cracking player. Only positive is there is probably less chance of him moving on in the summer?
"Good News"Bad Craic that your better than that Mr Lichtie.

Good news from a selfish point of view?! Why? Because he won’t be here to try and help us turn over the 14 point difference? :lol: You’ve won the league anyway. Enjoy it!

As for the summer, he wouldn’t have moved in the summer anyway.

I’m not saying anything until it’s signed sealed and delivered [emoji850] Was mentioning to my mates the other day that even though this has been such a good season for us, I honestly can’t wait for it to be over :lol: I’m forever sitting thinking of situations where we manage to bottle it haha

21 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

We're talking about a possible career ending injury and it's 'good news from an entirely selfish point of view'?

Total p***k.

We're talking about a possible career ending injury and it's 'good news from an entirely selfish point of view'?
Total p***k.

Yes, from my entirely selfish and football-centric viewpoint it is good that your best player is out for the rest of the season. If you keep reading I say it’s a shame on Vaughan as he is a cracking player so there’s obviously nothing personal about it.

3 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Total p***k.

Fucking hell settle down, was obvious what the post meant. 

It's impressive enough that Vaughan got back to a decent standard after his ACL rupture, hopefully it's on his other knee, if it's the same one I'd be surprised if he had a full career. 

12 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

I’m not saying anything until it’s signed sealed and delivered emoji850.png Was mentioning to my mates the other day that even though this has been such a good season for us, I honestly can’t wait for it to be over :lol: I’m forever sitting thinking of situations where we manage to bottle it haha

Last Saturday was the last remote chance for that,as slim as that was. Going into the game this weekend with the chance to make it 7 points may have made it interesting, but we haven't strung more than 2 wins together at any point this season.