The New Raith Rovers Thread

To be fair to our recent managers, 70-80% or our regular home support rarely travel, so I prefer us being great at home. Doesn’t help with winning the league, but it’s preferable to being shite at home and excellent away from home.

I actually think we generally play much better than last season, despite a few results - we should’ve on the balance of play and chances won arguably all of our defeats, EF at home probably the exception to that when we were genuinely outplayed. We dominate games with possession, territory, chances, etc - something we really didn’t do from about September on last season, save a period around Christmas and New Year.

But we fail to win 50% of our games. That isn’t a hard luck story, that’s a consistent pattern, and it comes out of the way we defend. Brechin had two chances to execute a counter attack from a Rovers set piece and got their winner from it, the same way Montrose did. McGlynn has identified that in his interviews, which is encouraging at least.

Will he do anything about it? Remains to be seen. We simply have to change the way we defend away from home. Ayr played a similar way to the way we are right now and lost a hell of a lot of goals, but had an uncanny ability to outscore the opposition on any given day. We don’t seem to manage that so we need to look at something different or this will undoubtedly continue.

Well the fact that McGlynn pointed it out against Montrose afterwards to me means he has done f**k all to change it as it has happened again. Wtf do they do in training.

44 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Twice to Ayr away, Forfar away, Stranraer away, Albion Rovers away in the league. It was the draws that slaughtered us last season. 

Also Dundee United, Dumbarton, Peterhead in the cups and Alloa in the play-offs.

Also 7 draws away from home in the League. 

We’ve been shite away from home for ages.

Edited by Scary Bear

As you say,width of the post from being Champions  and ultimately pipped at the post for the league by 1 point by Ayr who were/ are a far better team than Arbroath or any other team in our division at present

We were weaker last season and took 7 points off Ayr. Frightening going forward, so suspect at back, I've not yet looked at comparable records after 22 games between us and them but I'd guess we've got more goals, conceded less and have more points.

We were weaker last season and took 7 points off Ayr. Frightening going forward, so suspect at back, I've not yet looked at comparable records after 22 games between us and them but I'd guess we've got more goals, conceded less and have more points.

Arbroath P22 W16 D4 L2 - points 52 - goals scored 49 - conceded 20 GD +29

Ayr P22 W14 D3 L5 - points 45 - GD+30

Can't find detailed scored and conceded. Funnily enough you were top having played 2 games less last season. 46 points after 20 games.

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

Well the advantage of a season ticket has paid off.

Hibs tickets on sale the day before my 1st pay day in 5 1/2 weeks.

couldnt it have waited a day ?

Wouldn’t worry too much, there’s no way we will sell that stand out. 

I don't think I've ever seen a player with such talent at this level, who has been cursed with such injuries. He's an incredible prospect, but sadly I get the feeling we'll never see how far he can go due to freak injuries. Really worrying as it must be getting to the point it's career threatening.

The boy is a local hero for us, I’ve never felt such sympathy for any player. From such high of the derby to this. Am I right in thinking he hasn’t had a full injury free season for the first team?

Side note: Before the new pitch was laid there is obviously concern for injury due to previous players being injured on them, but from what I can recall our pitch hasn’t caused any injuries has it?