The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Danny Lennon?

I’m still happy enough McGlynn is back but Lennon would have been my choice at the time.

I think McGlynn will be fine once he gets to put his own team together. I think most of us saw our squad at the start of the season and probably thought ‘Maybe we should have grown a pair and sacked Smith’.

With the team as is, I can’t see us getting through two play-off ties, but it’s not exactly an impossibility.

Lennon would have costed money and sounds happy enough at Clyde. 

I agree that McGlynn will likely be fine once he puts his own team together to be honest, but he isn't helping himself right now. 

Up until the 88th minute at Airdrie, there was plenty to suggest that Smith could struggle this season, with our league Cup defeats to Cowden and Cove up three with some of the worst performances I've seen from us. 

There's no doubt that we'd be well behind with Smith but I doubt it would be any worse than this shambles.
We were only 4 points behind when McGlynn took over. What's happened since is unacceptable.
He can bring players in over the summer and we might improve, but next season is too late. We had to get up this season or face at least another 2 seasons down here.

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Lennon would have costed money and sounds happy enough at Clyde. 

I agree that McGlynn will likely be fine once he puts his own team together to be honest, but he isn't helping himself right now. 

Up until the 88th minute at Airdrie, there was plenty to suggest that Smith could struggle this season, with our league Cup defeats to Cowden and Cove up three with some of the worst performances I've seen from us. 

Lennon could just have resigned. Would we have had to pay compensation for a manager who resigned? Even if we did it would probably be the usual pittance. How did we get Barry Smith from East Fife? Maybe Lennon is happy at Clyde but it wouldn’t be the first time that a manager has said he’s happy at a club before moving to a different club.

I’m not sure what more he can do to help himself. Losing Vaughan early today was a blow. Armstrong is away now. He’s got to hope that Dingwall and/or this McGuffie character come good. The defence has been suspect in a lot of games this season. The squad needs a proper sort out.

Raith Rovers have only won 11 out of 22 league games this season a 50% win ratio. This full time training seems to be working a treat. 
Maybe without it we'd have only won 5 matches. Maybe the problem is just that our playing and management staff are a bit rubbish.

43 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
1 hour ago, fifer67 said:
Raith Rovers have only won 11 out of 22 league games this season a 50% win ratio. This full time training seems to be working a treat. 

Maybe the problem is just that our playing and management staff are a bit rubbish.

B.b.b.b.but... What went wrong?

Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 22.56.05.png

Edited by lichtgilphead

East Fife battle back to win and their fans have spent all night posting about the Rovers [emoji23]

It's really nice to know we mean that much to them.

As for McGlynn's interview he honestly had to be watching a different game. If that's him saying he can't fault the effort then god help us cause half team yet again couldn't be arsed to run back for their 2nd...the same type of goal we've conceded in every away game this season almost.

If this was Barry Smith and we were this far behind then he'd be getting peltets. But it's Sir John who can do no wrong. Smith left us with a completely unbalanced squad (only one senior full back for starters) but some of the decisions McGlynn has made have been baffling. Today they only had 2 outfield subs yet we don't take advantage and use a 3rd ourselves, especially with our 2nd top scorer on the bench. The pitch was awful but it was so bloody clear that we needed to move them about quickly but we are so incredibly ponderous on the ball it takes someone 5 or 6 touches and 10 seconds to decide where and who to pass to.

10 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

East Fife battle back to win and their fans have spent all night posting about the Rovers emoji23.png

It's really nice to know we mean that much to them.

Exactly this

Quite laughable,they,d rather see us get beat than there own team win

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Realistically who else could we have gotten in?   

McGlynn is not doing at all well, but I'd like to judge him 100% on his own squad next season.  

Well that we,ll never know as we dont  know who the club approached or who actually applied.Personally McGlynn wouldnt have been top of my list

Lets not go down the route of judging McGlynn 100% on his own squad next season?Hes inherited what is/ should be a good enough squad to do better than they are ut plainly are not so read into that what you want

11 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Well that we,ll never know as we dont  know who the club approached or who actually applied.Personally McGlynn wouldnt have been top of my list

Lets not go down the route of judging McGlynn 100% on his own squad next season?Hes inherited what is/ should be a good enough squad to do better than they are ut plainly are not so read into that what you want

I think I'm reading that you think your team are shite and so is your manager?

Taking away that argument. How do you stop arbroath this season? They've lost twice now. Once against ourselves. But they are still over ten points ahead. The fact is, it doesn't matter who you employ to combat that with the squad we have. They are and have been from the start of the season a cut above due to the good job that has been done the past few seasons in building a good squad of players.

My point was not primarily stopping  Arbroath this season although thats twice when they have slipped up we have failed to capitalise

McGlynn has inherited a full time squad/ team that should be good enough to be producing better results,performances irrespective of how Arbroath are doing

6 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

What do we do then? Sack Mcglynn and look for another manager? Our 5th in two years.