The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, fatdoug1938 said:
11 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:
Think it was shitty East Fife. Absolute embarrassment getting beaten by them.

Especially twice in one season! Funny being embarrassed losing to a team in the same league. Must still think you're a big team. Pathetic

I know. Absolute embarrassment getting beaten by a shit club, with shit fans, and one stand. 

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:
13 minutes ago, fatdoug1938 said:
Especially twice in one season! Funny being embarrassed losing to a team in the same league. Must still think you're a big team. Pathetic

You haven't beaten us twice at home this season...

It could happen if your lucky enough to make the play offs,but I wouldn’t bet on that with the car crash that is McGlynn at rhe wheel.

It could happen if your lucky enough to make the play offs,but I wouldn’t bet on that with the car crash that is McGlynn at rhe wheel.
We will finish above you, I have no doubt in that.
After 10 games, we were sitting W5 D5 L0. Five defeats in 12 games since. Even if the players aren’t his, that’s a poor return from McGlynn.
Without a doubt its piss poor but can you honestly say we would have been better with Smith? The cracks were already showing when he was in charge. Defence has been a shadow of what it was last season! Mcglynn has never been a miracle worker. He needed time to build his own squad last time round and it got us to a very good place in the end. He will need that time again which is why the likes of Nisbet, bene and Vaughan have all been signed up for at least next season so far!

Without a doubt its piss poor but can you honestly say we would have been better with Smith? The cracks were already showing when he was in charge. Defence has been a shadow of what it was last season! Mcglynn has never been a miracle worker. He needed time to build his own squad last time round and it got us to a very good place in the end. He will need that time again which is why the likes of Nisbet, bene and Vaughan have all been signed up for at least next season so far!

I didn’t say Smith would have done better but would he have done worse? I’m a fan of McGlynn but the stats make grim reading.

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Disastrous news about Vaughan. Cup aside this season is not going as well as I would have hoped. Things can only get better.

What's the news on Vaughan's injury? I clocked on Twitter that he had to go off during the game and, on a purely personal level, hoped it wasn't serious.

The guy is far too good a player for this league, comes across as a model pro and was excellent for us. It would be a real shame if he had another long-term issue to deal with.

1 minute ago, Ross Forbes said:

What's the news on Vaughan's injury? I clocked on Twitter that he had to go off during the game and, on a purely personal level, hoped it wasn't serious.

The guy is far too good a player for this league, comes across as a model pro and was excellent for us. It would be a real shame if he had another long-term issue to deal with.

It looked like a pretty serious knee injury at the time, he was screaming towards the bench. He certainly couldn't put any weight on it. 

Just now, Ross Forbes said:

:(

It's the first time I could genuinely say I was devestated for a player. He was immense last week and you could see how much of a high he was on. 

Unfortunately I doubt Vaughan will ever play at the level his talent deserves as he is just incredibly unlucky with injuries. 

Our record this season, particularly under McGlynn, is an absolute joke. We've now lost a 3rd of our league games since he took over.

If we lose to Forfar next week we'll be staring 4th place in the face. We keep throwing away leads away from home. It's not good enough.

At this moment in time appointing McGlynn looks like a terrible mistake.

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Our record this season, particularly under McGlynn, is an absolute joke. We've now lost a 3rd of our league games since he took over.

If we lose to Forfar next week we'll be staring 4th place in the face. We keep throwing away leads away from home. It's not good enough.

At this moment in time appointing McGlynn looks like a terrible mistake.

Realistically who else could we have gotten in?   

McGlynn is not doing at all well, but I'd like to judge him 100% on his own squad next season.  

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

McGlynn is not doing at all well, but I'd like to judge him 100% on his own squad next season.  

Aye Jim Duffy has totally changed Dumbarton’s fortunes since taking over. It’s the same situation. He’s taken over a squad that was horrendously balanced. Brought in Hendry and I genuinely believe wouldn’t have lost the amount of games if we still had him. The same could be said for Vaughan. Hopefully not that bad. 

Wasnt there today anyway. I’d still have McGynn over Barry fucking Smith. Regardless of the result today. Guy has fucking zero charisma and came across as a right grumpy b*****d to the fans and made no effort to connect with us either.

Smith should have been sacked immediately after the Alloa game (playoff or even the title decider) so we could have had John in straight alway. Then if he was doing as badly as he has then fair enough. 

3 months is still a long time. 4 if you include games in May. 

Too many players in this squad with ZERO heart.

Gillespie shows it about 1 game in 3. Crane????   Flanny last 2 games ?????

The manager is too single track minded, I like him but he doesn't seem to be learning from OUR defeats. Forfar, Montrose, East Fife all shutting up shop and yet we still stay with 4 at the back and two winger???? , when will we learn and find a way past a team that sits in and hits ion the break? It's like the last time we were here all over again.

I didn’t say Smith would have done better but would he have done worse? I’m a fan of McGlynn but the stats make grim reading.
I know you didn't, that's why I'm questioning if you think he would have done better. Same argument really but up for debate.

Mcglynn is attempting to do what Smith said he would in bringing an attractive style of football that could win games. Smiths answer to good football was a long punt to buchanan and/ or Spence with the midfield sitting so deep we barely won the second ball.

We have the makings in bene, Gillespie, Nat (imo although I know it's a split opinion amongst the support) Vaughan and nisbett, of a team that is good enough for the championship. That's without talking up mckay, Matthews or anyone else within the squad who are capable of coming in, doing a job and improving!

Give mcglynn time to get the squad right and if we fluke promotion via the playoffs it will be an easier job for the guy to get the players in. But he will get it right Imo. If not this season then definitely next!

Too many players in this squad with ZERO heart.
Gillespie shows it about 1 game in 3. Crane????   Flanny last 2 games ?????

The manager is too single track minded, I like him but he doesn't seem to be learning from OUR defeats. Forfar, Montrose, East Fife all shutting up shop and yet we still stay with 4 at the back and two winger???? , when will we learn and find a way past a team that sits in and hits ion the break? It's like the last time we were here all over again.

East fife never shut up shop [emoji23][emoji23] we came at yous!

24 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Danny Lennon?

I’m still happy enough McGlynn is back but Lennon would have been my choice at the time.

I think McGlynn will be fine once he gets to put his own team together. I think most of us saw our squad at the start of the season and probably thought ‘Maybe we should have grown a pair and sacked Smith’.

With the team as is, I can’t see us getting through two play-off ties, but it’s not exactly an impossibility.

3 hours ago, grumswall said:

How is you losing a game when the leagues already won giving us a chance? Don't think a single rovers fan has stated anything other than the leagues won for months now...

EF fans trying to make us care is cute. A quick look at how many we had at starks last week shows who our Derby is.

I'm bored rather than tear strained, didn't make the game today so have been shopping with the Mrs.

Naw pal , pish stained  looser who cannae take it . GIRFUY .  The bitterness is f@cking brilliant .  :bairn