The New Raith Rovers Thread

Andrew Driver is a winger. Mcglynn said in his pre match interview that he’s happy with three wingers now that mcguffie has signed so I’d assume it won’t be him. Needs to be someone that can play at the back I think.

I suspect there will be further signings, just not really to sure where... maybe centre midfield to get someone in of the similar nature of Hendry, but that’s just a thought since Hendry was the plan to have him all season. We’re obviously needing a right back, however in the last 4-6 weeks Murray, who I thought had been terrible this season up until then, has played relatively well plus banged a couple of crucial goals. And we have Watson as a back-up. If we do get someone in then maybe loan Watson out...?

Police in Fife have arrested and charged two teenagers after flares were set off and thrown on to the pitch during the Raith Rovers home game with Dunfermline Athletic.

Police have not ruled out further arrests and say investigations continue.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/815339/teenagers-charged-after-flares-set-off-at-raith-v-dunfermline-cup-derby/

Obviously these idiots probably were there for the big occasion. Only slight problem I have is that they will get banned (that’s not the problem) but how do Raith implement that? Not like the stewards would have a clue. It’s just walk up, pay and sit down.

Anyhoo, great that some were caught and hopefully they grass on others. No place for it

Obviously these idiots probably were there for the big occasion. Only slight problem I have is that they will get banned (that’s not the problem) but how do Raith implement that? Not like the stewards would have a clue. It’s just walk up, pay and sit down.

Anyhoo, great that some were caught and hopefully they grass on others. No place for it

I'm pretty sure if the banning order is imposed by the police they'll have to attend the police station at 3pm on a Saturday to 'sign in'.
If it club impose a ban, you're probably reliant on stewards removing them or fans pointing them out if they attend.

As for the incident itself, a slap on the wrist and a ban from attending games is enough. The club now needs to put a system in place to minimise the chances of it happening again, and how to react quicker if it does.
Hopefully we use this photo in next years calendar.
IMG_8963.jpg

15 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

Me, a mature adult: I hope they throw the book at these clowns, pyro has no place in a safe family club atmosphere; they should go after them for costs

Also me: check my new desktop background
tapatalk_1548428088599.jpeg

That's it in a nutshell:lol:

I'm also not really one for 'making an example' and harsh punishments. They will have shat themselves enough and it would be harsh to stick the really damaging 'criminal record' noose round there neck for the rest of their lives for being a wee dafty at the age of 16 (and I'm not saying it isn't potentially dangerous, I'm just making the point that 'danger' wasn't the intention and at 16 they are daft enough not to think about things like that. Most of us will have done something reckless at that age, most of us are lucky enough to get away with it though). 

That said, I really hope we can accrue costs from somewhere - it's a shiter if it is not insured.

P.S I'm off to change my laptop screen saver...

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

There's not much the stewards can do about stopping people getting into the ground with these things unless they stop and search everyone entering the ground. Which won't happen. I'd suspect stewards might do random searches on people prior to entering the ground for the time being but it's pot luck if they catch someone with something that shouldn't be allowed in the stadium. 

On another note. I understand plastic bottles of juice could be used as a missile, I've yet to see someone, or read about someone, lose the plot and take their kids juice bottle to launch at someone but hey ho, dems the rules. Lighters and pennies would be the missile of choice for the football yob I'd assume and you won't be denied entry having them on your person. It's also baffled me that you can't get in with a fruit shoot but you see up and down the country people getting in with drums, drum sticks, flags on sticks etc. I'm sure a drum scudding someone off the dome would be a damn sight more effective in injuring someone than a fruit shoot. Drum sticks could do a bit of damage as could impaling the referee with a flag stick*

*I don't condone that sort of behaviour before folk starting going all Vlad the Impaler on people.

56 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I'm sure a drum scudding someone off the dome would be a damn sight more effective in injuring someone than a fruit shoot. 

This gave me a right giggle at work.

I'm all for drums and shit but the one thing that should not be allowed is an instrument that the person cannot play, prime example is the East Fife trumpet player, my gosh he was awful!

Edited by Tony Stark(s Park)

Lewis Toshney away out on loan to Brechin, would he have been a good addition for us (he has been injured a tonne)
Doubt many would welcome him back. Injuries have probably got the better of him now though. Suppose we will see tomorrow if that's the case.