The New Raith Rovers Thread

20 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I fully expect that Milne will do well at Montrose. I've no idea why Smith signed him when, as mentioned, he plays in the same position as Vaughan. That's just Barry Smith being Barry Smith, I guess.

Maybe he thought someone would sign Vaughan?

19 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Imagine allowing a creative midfielder who is going through a lean spell to sign in January, for a team in the same league.

That will never bite you in the arse.

He must have a ‘cannae stand in the boys way’ clause in his contract.

After an Arbroath implosion, Milne to score the equaliser on the last day of the season to deny us the league title? 

Peak Raith Rovers.

Edited by Scary Bear

I thought Murray had brought in bene. Shite memory n all that I suppose. If we're talking about getting players back from that list though, bring back hardie!

Ryan Hardie was a baller like. Nae chance even if we get to the championship he’ll come back. Although if we do a Livi and double promotions who knows [emoji23]

Aaron Muirhead has been released by Falkirk. Thoughts, would you have him etc?
I think i would, perfect replacement for Davo, someone that gives his all and wears his heart on his sleeve.
The argument against this would be we have McKay, yes a very good prospect, however, I still feel as though he’s the back-up, and Davo surely will be finished the end of this season at 35. Muirhead would get a game for almost any other Championship club, and spoken to a Falkirk fan at my work and he said the fans couldn’t stick him but now that he’s left there just as much uproar that they’ve let him go, strange bunch!

1 hour ago, WSDR 88 said:

Aaron Muirhead has been released by Falkirk. Thoughts, would you have him etc?
I think i would, perfect replacement for Davo, someone that gives his all and wears his heart on his sleeve.
The argument against this would be we have McKay, yes a very good prospect, however, I still feel as though he’s the back-up, and Davo surely will be finished the end of this season at 35. Muirhead would get a game for almost any other Championship club, and spoken to a Falkirk fan at my work and he said the fans couldn’t stick him but now that he’s left there just as much uproar that they’ve let him go, strange bunch!

He's signing for Ayr.

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Lewis Milne away. Wrong player, wrong time, wrong club. Doesn't help he always came across as being completely spineless. Glad that we reached an agreement and that it free's up another wage. Hopefully we'll be in line for a good three or four signings to come in.

11 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Lewis Milne away. Wrong player, wrong time, wrong club. Doesn't help he always came across as being completely spineless. Glad that we reached an agreement and that it free's up another wage. Hopefully we'll be in line for a good three or four signings to come in.

Just never looked remotely like doing anything useful.

Glad we've effectively swapped out a wide player and a central player for two wide players. It'll give us a bit more balance. One of the main problems earlier this season was that we'd been overloaded with central midfielders with Gillespie, Wedderburn, Matthews and Milne, with only Flanagan being our sole out and out winger.