The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Defences had cracked his code after a couple of appearances, which limited his effectiveness. Clearly still an excellent winger at this level, and we will miss him.

I'm interested to see what route McGlynn goes down to replace him.

I can see Dingwall moving straight into that role.

Ach well, completely expected and it's a shame it went the way it did but the lad couldn't win at the end. He can't say he was going to leave, as people would say he can't be fully committed. If he makes any statement about staying at the club, he's going to mislead people. County should give him a good chance to play in a team who will likely finish in the top two, and he'll not be playing against teams likely to frustrate. This might be a help and a hindrance to him, as we never really saw his defensive side come into play too often. As RATM says, towards the end it felt like defenders knew what he was capable of. How much of it was down to Armstrong knowing he was leaving is questionable...

Edited by Broken Algorithms

On his day a decent player at this level, will be interesting to see how he fairs in the Championship. Hard to tell if he had been Rovered or if his mind was set on moving on as his performances lately have been a bit up and down as well as being a greedy wee hoor on the pitch. FFP article saying he'd have been one of our highest earners if he'd accepted our offer, hopefully that's saved ourselves a decent sum of money as I wouldn't say he merited that in all honesty.

4 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

He any good? I vaguely remember him scoring an absolute screamer away to Hibs In the Scottish but that’s about it

He could be, he is mostly good off the bench for us but poor when he starts.  When we were struggling to get victories for a period around March last year we would get him on and just get over the line.  Barely took part this season though.

Only thing I really remember him doing against Raith that might stick out was taking a terrible shot that ended up an assist for Shankland in the first game last season.  

For me Armstrong was a very good player,yes he had his iffy performances but thats whats happens with flair players,got pace,quick feet and also chipped in with 5 goals.Of late his mind appears to have been somewhere else or as has been mentioned hes  been Rovered

Much better player than Flanagan and have him before Flanagan

Not seen enough of Dingwell to form much of an opinion but what I,ve seen of him he looks decent

Not too fussed he's gone, tbh - to be expected and is the danger of signing a player on a very short term deal. Apparently we met his demands weeks ago and as he didn't sign, it seemed fairly obvious he would be off. 

He's a loss, but I think his head has been elsewhere the last couple of weeks. The league has gone as well so it's not as if this is going to have an effect on the title race. 

Hopefully Dingwall proves a good signing. 

I presume you lot are keeping Lewis Milne until the summer? Shame for him, not worked out and now cant even get in the match day squad. There was a gentlemen's agreement that we could let him go to you for no fee because he was getting full time football, think McGlynn should let him return now for free, and just accept it hasn't worked for player and club.

I presume you lot are keeping Lewis Milne until the summer? Shame for him, not worked out and now cant even get in the match day squad. There was a gentlemen's agreement that we could let him go to you for no fee because he was getting full time football, think McGlynn should let him return now for free, and just accept it hasn't worked for player and club.
I mean Raith are a football club gunning for promotion, not a charity. If McGlynn feels like he might need him during the run in then why would he just let him go?

Are you sure the "gentlemans agreement" wasn't a clause in his contract?

I mean Raith are a football club gunning for promotion, not a charity. If McGlynn feels like he might need him during the run in then why would he just let him go?

Are you sure the "gentlemans agreement" wasn't a clause in his contract?
No I agree with you but clearly he doesn't feel he needs him. He has hardly played all season.

I believe it was an agreement but may have been a clause. Nevertheless, the lad is too good to be on the bench every week or not even in a match day squad.

No I agree with you but clearly he doesn't feel he needs him. He has hardly played all season.

I believe it was an agreement but may have been a clause. Nevertheless, the lad is too good to be on the bench every week or not even in a match day squad.

Maybe for you but not for Raith. What happens if the window closes and they pick up 2/3 injuries in midfield?

29 minutes ago, GableEnder21 said:

We've had enough of giving our players away for nothing.

He's been injured a few times and been pretty underwhelming when he has had a chance. He will be used in the future if we keep him or I'm sure all party's would be happy to do a deal.

3 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Is the Record only saying McGuffie to Raith, because it’s been posted on Ayr thread on P&B ?

Some trek from Troon to KDY for training. 

Probably ;-)

Euan Murray makes the journey from Killie 5 days a week. Car school?....

Edited by Niall Russell

4 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

For me Armstrong was a very good player,yes he had his iffy performances but thats whats happens with flair players,got pace,quick feet and also chipped in with 5 goals.Of late his mind appears to have been somewhere else or as has been mentioned hes  been Rovered

Much better player than Flanagan and have him before Flanagan

Not seen enough of Dingwell to form much of an opinion but what I,ve seen of him he looks decent

wouldn't be hard to be much better than Flanagan