Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

On this note, where do we think we need to strengthen with the loans? One will be a winger to replace Armstrong. That leaves 2 available.

I’d still like to see a natural RB brought in. Murray has settled into a game there recently but it’s clearly not his natural position. If JM isn’t going to give McKay a chance I’d be happy with a Murray and Bene centre back partnership. 

I would hazard a guess we may also be in for a creative central midfielder. We’re pretty strong in there with Gillespie, Wedderburn and Matthews but probably lack a bit of creativity. The fact we were looking to extend Hendry’s deal before the news about his injury suggests we may try to add someone else.

Obviously just because we have 3 loans free doesn’t mean we’ll use them but McGlynn tends to use the loan market and has made reference to freeing up his loans by sending the 2 keepers back.

I'd certainly agree to bringing in another right back but for me it'd be a huge no to then go putting Murray and Bene in the middle! Every time I've seen them in the mix together they've been awful, Bayview being a perfect example.  The defence isn't great at the best of times but Bene /Davo, Murray/Davo, Bene/Mckay or Davo/McKay all seemed to work to some degree but my recollection of Bene & Murray is that when they play together they 're generally all over the place.

I think  creative midfielder to replace Hendry is nailed on, as is another winger and that will be the call. I think we may only see a right-back come in if we are offered someone that McGlynn thinks is a better defensive option than Murray.

13 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

think we may only see a right-back come in if we are offered someone that McGlynn thinks is a better defensive option than Murray.

Andy tickle feet is a better option at right back than Murray.

17 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I'd certainly agree to bringing in another right back but for me it'd be a huge no to then go putting Murray and Bene in the middle! Every time I've seen them in the mix together they've been awful, Bayview being a perfect example.  The defence isn't great at the best of times but Bene /Davo, Murray/Davo, Bene/Mckay or Davo/McKay all seemed to work to some degree but my recollection of Bene & Murray is that when they play together they 're generally all over the place.

I think  creative midfielder to replace Hendry is nailed on, as is another winger and that will be the call. I think we may only see a right-back come in if we are offered someone that McGlynn thinks is a better defensive option than Murray.

I had blocked Bayview from my mind to be fair! Couldn’t remember them playing together. Can understand why they wouldn’t work as a partnership though, they are both very similar types of player. Usually in a partnership each player brings different qualities.

On 14/01/2019 at 20:28, 1320Lichtie said:

Who's missed 8-12 weeks apart from Vaughan?

We had Doris missing a whole season!

Had injuries to ToB/Whatley our captain who's now fell out of the team/Swankie and Callum Smith barely played when he was here due to injury

grant Gillespie, Reagan Hendry, Chris Duggan, Lewis Vaughan 8 - 12 weeks

nat wedderburn approx first 5 games

calum Crane 5 games

robbie Thomson approx 5 games

Kevin Nisbet  minimum 4 games missing at present

nathan Flanagan  missed 4 - 5 games

TOB has only missed about 3 games including a suspension

Doris missed most of last season so really should have strengthened during preseason

whatley if he’s that good he would Have had a recall

Check the SPFL website it will back up my argument regarding appearances for Arbroath where as Rovers are all over the shop but please prove me wrong since you appear to know more about Rovers than I do

Doris was missing from last season so you could have got a replacement

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

I had blocked Bayview from my mind to be fair! Couldn’t remember them playing together. Can understand why they wouldn’t work as a partnership though, they are both very similar types of player. Usually in a partnership each player brings different qualities.

I was annoyed after that game in Methil and I still blame McGlynn twice for the loss.

Firstly for getting sent to the stand and getting involved with a fracas that definitely upset the Rovers players more than the East Fife players and secondly for moving Murray to the middle and substituting the injured Davo for Watson, I thought a straight swap for Davie McKay was the shout all day long.  East Fife plundered young Watsons wing and the two in the middle were all at sea.

Dunno if its a wee boost ahead of Saturday..... Hearts have recalled Aiden Keena, who seemed to have scored a few for Dunfermline in recent weeks, and had been playing really well.

They did the same to us last season ahead of the Ayr game with Zanatta!

13 hours ago, DG_RRFC said:

Armstrongs away to county after the pars game, basically a straight swap for Dingwall.

Someone posted exactly this on the County forum.  Funnily enough it was someone with three posts to their name as well, but it seems an unlikely thing to make up.

That said, someone else posted that County were going to sign Connor Sammon, and was dead set on it happening.  That turned out to be nonsense.

4 hours ago, spot on said:

Heard Armstrong to County is a cert after Saturday

How do people know these things? I believe he is away and do not doubt what you say......just wonder what inside source does indeed give these things away.  Personally the short term deal has been good for all....but we met his demands weeks back so f**k um.

Interesting to see Lyness signed until the end of next season. I wonder if the enthusiasm of McGlynn and Smith are giving the board reason to change their strategy even if we don't go up. 

Official site article says end of next season if we get promoted.