The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

Dont mean to be a totally insensitive, crass and truly horrible human being...........but why are we having a minutes silence for a truly dodgy billionaire on Saturday or am i missing something....? and what is it got to do with the Rovers and Brechin ?

It's a minute's silence for our title prospects in light of our injury situation. 

49 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

Dont mean to be a totally insensitive, crass and truly horrible human being...........but why are we having a minutes silence for a truly dodgy billionaire on Saturday or am i missing something....? and what is it got to do with the Rovers and Brechin ?

It's a bit silly, but typical of modern society. 

Personally, I would've gone for a minutes applause in recognition of our most recent connection with Leicester:

That is pure, unadulterated shite. 

I feel sorry for the families of the people who died in the helicopter crash but I also agree that a minutes silence is unnecessary at Raith Rovers v Brechin. 

Sets a bit of a precedent for extremely tenuous minute silences in the future. 

11 hours ago, Paco said:

Yep, that’s a disaster. Kevin Nisbet has been fantastic for us so far but I think Vaughan, Gillespie and Hendry are our three best players. Very difficult for any team to deal with having their three best out, let alone a squad as small as ours.

Limp through to January and pray we’re still within vague reach of Arbroath?

That is really fucking grim. I mean, really, really fucking grim. No doubt Matthews will take a sore one on Saturday now as well.

Hopefully we can get Vaughan and Duggan back sooner rather than later but yeah its vety much a case of limp through to January and hope for the best.

11 hours ago, Paco said:

Yep, that’s a disaster. Kevin Nisbet has been fantastic for us so far but I think Vaughan, Gillespie and Hendry are our three best players. Very difficult for any team to deal with having their three best out, let alone a squad as small as ours.

Limp through to January and pray we’re still within vague reach of Arbroath?

Yep that's ptetty much it. 

Any slight veneer of positivity I felt after Forfar was based on Hendry being back this week and Vaughan not long after.

That said, who would we rather be in charge during this injury hit period. Smith? Cuthbert? Would be fucking anarchy if it was either of them. I at least trust Mcglynn to find a solution to help the situation. 

Edited by CALDERON

Judging by today's Courier Vaughan won't be back anytime soon. McGlynn quoted as saying we're "no further forward" with his injury

Judging by today's courier Dick Campbell Arbroath team have won the league going by his interview.

You monster.