The New Raith Rovers Thread

It'd be interesting to work out just how many games Vaughan, Duggan & Gillespie have each been able to take part in out of the 11 league fixtures so far. Without checking I'm guessing about half.

Also can anyone enlighten me on what actually happened to Regan Hendry?

45 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

It'd be interesting to work out just how many games Vaughan, Duggan & Gillespie have each been able to take part in out of the 11 league fixtures so far. Without checking I'm guessing about half.

Also can anyone enlighten me on what actually happened to Regan Hendry?

Vaughan; 3 full games in 6 apps. subbed twice and came on as a sub once, 425 minutes. (full game streak 3 games).

Duggan; 3 full games in 9 apps. subbed 3 times and came on as a sub 3 times, 579 minutes. (full game streak 2 games).

Gillespie; 10 full games in 12 apps. subbed twice, 998 minutes. (full game streak  5 games, twice).

Edited by Zen Archer
This includes cup games.

So Hendry is now scheduled to return about the same time as Gillespie. Great.

These injuries are killing us, it's looking unlikely we'll be within 10 points of Arbroath by the time we play them before Christmas.

But we’ll have won the league by the time we play them in April?

He’s got no players and we don’t care, John, John McGlynn.

27 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

But we’ll have won the league by the time we play them in April?

He’s got no players and we don’t care, John, John McGlynn.

Probably, possibly, I don't know anymore. The events at Forfar have knocked my confidence.

Nothing that a thrashing of managerless Brechin won't sort right enough.

12 hours ago, Paco said:

For what it’s worth I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that without a few key players, we’re not much better than average - five wins from our eleven league matches shows that. Arbroath have had a wonderful start to the season but it’s very unlikely they’ll keep it up, and if they do, we’d never catch them anyway, regardless of who is or isn’t fit.

If Hendry is really out for six weeks, it’s a disaster. Dictates 4-4-2 on us, and at this moment in time dictates that Milne and Buchanan will both start - don’t think anyone would argue they’ve been our two poorest performers so far. We need at least a couple of Vaughan/Gillespie/Hendry/Duggan to get fit and stay fit.

It doesn’t really need said that everything is all to play for. We were seven clear of Ayr in March, were we not? But unless our luck with injuries clears up, it can and will stop us catching Arbroath.

And we were 5 clear with 3 to play and still needed a favour.

Edited by ayrmad

1 minute ago, Wardy said:

That's an absolute disaster. On his form so far this season I think he was the best midfielder in the division. 

Matthews and Wedderburn in the middle then until one of them gets injured.

[emoji28]

Imagine that’ll be the last of Regan Hendry we see in a Rovers shirt, given his loan is up in January. Him, Vaughan and Gillespie all being out for extended periods at the same time is really awful luck. It’s been done to death so I won’t go over old ground, but this is really getting daft now.

Yep, that’s a disaster. Kevin Nisbet has been fantastic for us so far but I think Vaughan, Gillespie and Hendry are our three best players. Very difficult for any team to deal with having their three best out, let alone a squad as small as ours.

Limp through to January and pray we’re still within vague reach of Arbroath?

Dont mean to be a totally insensitive, crass and truly horrible human being...........but why are we having a minutes silence for a truly dodgy billionaire on Saturday or am i missing something....? and what is it got to do with the Rovers and Brechin ?