The New Raith Rovers Thread

This injury situation is fucking unbearable, man. I’ve never heard of a team in all my time following football who get so regularly shafted losing key players for extended periods of time. We are going to struggle big time without Hendry. Can only see the gap between Arbroath and ourselves widening until we can get some of them back.

This injury situation is fucking unbearable, man. I’ve never heard of a team in all my time following football who get so regularly shafted losing key players for extended periods of time. We are going to struggle big time without Hendry. Can only see the gap between Arbroath and ourselves widening until we can get some of them back.

Hearts pretty much shows we’re not unique, they arguably have it worse right now. Hopefully Arbroath get a few injuries and suspensions and drop off a bit.

It’s looking like the play offs again. Injuries to key players at key points in the season. We are threadbare as it is Arbroath are unstoppable at the moment and it’ll take a minor miracle to catch them

7 points behind a team we still have to play 3 times. It’s not insurmountable by any means but we do need to get our finger out.

7 points behind in October = minor miracle :lol:
The injuries are really hurting right now but its still early doors and far too early for that kind of chat. 

7 points behind a team we still have to play 3 times. It’s not insurmountable by any means but we do need to get our finger out.

Here we fucking go, I was meaning with the injuries accumulating at the ferocity as it has been. But never mind there’s always a scapegoat to have a go at. Bash on.

Here we fucking go, I was meaning with the injuries accumulating at the ferocity as it has been. But never mind there’s always a scapegoat to have a go at. Bash on.

ETA Arbroath are on fire and actually play 90 minutes whilst we’re content playing 45

For f**k sake. This really is beyond a joke. 

There's not much you can do about players getting injured in games, but again I'd question our pre-season preparations. Too many got injured then and I've no doubt it's a factor in us continuing to rack them up. 

For what it’s worth I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that without a few key players, we’re not much better than average - five wins from our eleven league matches shows that. Arbroath have had a wonderful start to the season but it’s very unlikely they’ll keep it up, and if they do, we’d never catch them anyway, regardless of who is or isn’t fit.

If Hendry is really out for six weeks, it’s a disaster. Dictates 4-4-2 on us, and at this moment in time dictates that Milne and Buchanan will both start - don’t think anyone would argue they’ve been our two poorest performers so far. We need at least a couple of Vaughan/Gillespie/Hendry/Duggan to get fit and stay fit.

It doesn’t really need said that everything is all to play for. We were seven clear of Ayr in March, were we not? But unless our luck with injuries clears up, it can and will stop us catching Arbroath.

22 minutes ago, Paco said:

For what it’s worth I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that without a few key players, we’re not much better than average - five wins from our eleven league matches shows that. Arbroath have had a wonderful start to the season but it’s very unlikely they’ll keep it up, and if they do, we’d never catch them anyway, regardless of who is or isn’t fit.

If Hendry is really out for six weeks, it’s a disaster. Dictates 4-4-2 on us, and at this moment in time dictates that Milne and Buchanan will both start - don’t think anyone would argue they’ve been our two poorest performers so far. We need at least a couple of Vaughan/Gillespie/Hendry/Duggan to get fit and stay fit.

It doesn’t really need said that everything is all to play for. We were seven clear of Ayr in March, were we not? But unless our luck with injuries clears up, it can and will stop us catching Arbroath.

Would agree with that, we went with a quality or quantity approach in the summer and have been extremely unlucky with injuries which was always the risk.

To be without Vaughan, Hendry and Gillespie for a significant period of time will have a major effect. They are our 3 best players (except for arguably Nisbet) and all 3 would be in the discussions for best player in the league, any team would struggle without that quality. That’s not even mentioning Duggan who was one of the top scorers in the league last year with a dreadful East Fife team.

I think we showed against Stranraer we’re capable of grinding out results and winning ugly and that will be what we need to do until some of the injuries clear up.

If we are still in touch with Arbroath by December/January when injuries start to clear up and we can add a couple more to the squad i’d be pretty confident we’ll win the league but it seems like the next few weeks might be damage limitation.

For f**k sake. This really is beyond a joke. 
There's not much you can do about players getting injured in games, but again I'd question our pre-season preparations. Too many got injured then and I've no doubt it's a factor in us continuing to rack them up. 

The situation that baffles me most about our injuries is Duggan. He clearly was playing through injury, at a time when injuries were maybe less of a concern. McGlynn comes in and in his first interview states 'someone' was playing through a knock and he'd allow him to get fit before selecting him again. This was 4 weeks ago.
Who on earth thought it was a good idea (Smith + Cuthbert presumably) to play him when he was clearly hurt?

14 minutes ago, kev23 said:

The situation that baffles me most about our injuries is Duggan. He clearly was playing through injury, at a time when injuries were maybe less of a concern. McGlynn comes in and in his first interview states 'someone' was playing through a knock and he'd allow him to get fit before selecting him again. This was 4 weeks ago.
Who on earth thought it was a good idea (Smith + Cuthbert presumably) to play him when he was clearly hurt?

Smith worryingly stated last season that he'd favor an experienced player at less than full fitness than risk playing younger players....i'm sure this was around the time Bene was fast tracked back from injury even though McKay was performing well. 

In fairness duggan has most likely told them he was fine to play. That's where you need a manager to show his leadership and rest them. Iv made the comparison before but Brian Graham played for months while injured. He was afforded the time to go get his operation and came back a completely different player. I would imagine this is in mcglynns thoughts. It's maybe worth struggling for a few weeks so that we can get our best players fully fit, then we can really push on.