The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

I don't recall a similar statement being made regarding Barry Smith. Can we assume that they haven't been able to reach settlement with him in that case  & he still remains on the payroll?

Why would Smith be due a settlement?  He resigned. 

2 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Why would Smith be due a settlement?  He resigned. 

There was a suggestion he had a case for breach of contract or constructive dismissal due to the board not sticking to terms which had been agreed,

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Rumour time. Was told last night some English mob are signing Nisbet on a pre contract with a view to signing him in January. £45k.

Seems incredibly unlikely. His first bit of good form in his senior career, playing in the third tier. 

27 minutes ago, Raithie said:

1 year.

I'd be very surprised if someone would pay that sort of fee for someone they could sort on a pre-contract in January, and take for free in the summer.

Edited by Ross Forbes

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

What sort of fucked up parallel universe am I living in here?

One where he's banging them in with confidence, which is fine by me. Nisbet came to us with low expectations, so it's been a lovely surprise that he's been scoring for fun in the first quarter. He's not the first, and certainly won't be the last. For some reason, this league always seems to provide a 20 goal a season type striker who has failed at other clubs. If Nisbet keeps up his form, then he's definitely fitting into that category.

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Vaughan milne and duggan out for Saturday along with Gillespie and Wright.

Guessing we'll see Matthews on the wing, with Buchanan starting up top with Nisbet.

28 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

One where he's banging them in with confidence, which is fine by me. Nisbet came to us with low expectations, so it's been a lovely surprise that he's been scoring for fun in the first quarter. He's not the first, and certainly won't be the last. For some reason, this league always seems to provide a 20 goal a season type striker who has failed at other clubs. If Nisbet keeps up his form, then he's definitely fitting into that category.

Guessing we'll see Matthews on the wing, with Buchanan starting up top with Nisbet.

... and nae subs, barring injuries.

Is Duggan the new Craig Barr?
Duggan wanted to play through the barrier so I'm hopeful he will be more like Brian Graham than mango. Think milne is really struggling with the step up to ft. If he's managed right and given time to get over his niggly injuries then I think he will come good despite having looked poor so far bar one game. Vaughan came off injured on Saturday though and was played Thursday which has agrevated the injury by the looks of things? Perhaps a bit of poor management there.

50 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Is Duggan the new Craig Barr?

No. He's played more games before Christmas than Mango did so there's no comparison.

As for Milne, I think he'll be a new McCord. Happy to be proven wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's away out on loan in January to another team if he fails to meet standards.

No. He's played more games before Christmas than Mango did so there's no comparison.
As for Milne, I think he'll be a new McCord. Happy to be proven wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's away out on loan in January to another team if he fails to meet standards.
Think you could be right. Similar in that they need time on the ball (unless 1 on 1 with the 'keeper) but milne does have better legs than mccord ever has. Like I said I'm hopeful that if he's given time to get fully fit he can play a part for us this season.

Duggan wanted to play through the barrier so I'm hopeful he will be more like Brian Graham than mango. Think milne is really struggling with the step up to ft. If he's managed right and given time to get over his niggly injuries then I think he will come good despite having looked poor so far bar one game. Vaughan came off injured on Saturday though and was played Thursday which has agrevated the injury by the looks of things? Perhaps a bit of poor management there.

Wrong - Vaughan was NOT played Thursday neither was Wedderburn, get your facts right before criticising others I would PERHAPS suggest.