The New Raith Rovers Thread

Good to see Buchanan taking on a more senior role too, was putting the subs thru a fairly rigorous half time warm up. 

The pre match warm up was at a ferocious tempo also,Smith wasn't letting anyone slack that's for sure. 

Good to see Buchanan taking on a more senior role too, was putting the subs thru a fairly rigorous half time warm up. 
The pre match warm up was at a ferocious tempo also,Smith wasn't letting anyone slack that's for sure. 
I'm quite hopeful McGlynn can get the best out of the likes of Buchanan, Milne and Benedictus. Wouldn't surprise me if there's been a few issues with confidence among that trio, but Bene had a return to his pre injury form on Saturday, and Milne struck me as a type of player who could potentially be a consistent wide midfielder in a similar vein to someone like Ian Williamson, in that he'll never be a player who will run a show but he'll grab you assists and goals to help the team.

Ah, missed that completely. 
I reckon it would be a neat little thing to do another one, not sure of a band we could use though. 

Raith Against the Machine surely?

I think there’s someone on here with the same name.

Are the club just ignoring cuthbert? He seems to have disappeared without a trace since the messiah was appointed.

The balls in his court IMO, he was offered a coaching role with McGlynn and Smith. In the FFP I’m sure it said he hadn’t made a decision yet. I’m assuming nothings changed as nothing has been announced.

7 hours ago, grumswall said:

Are the club just ignoring cuthbert? He seems to have disappeared without a trace since the messiah was appointed.

Last weeks article fro mthe FFP - given he wasn't there on Saturday, it doesn't look like he is staying...

Kevin Cuthbert could be on his way out of Raith Rovers despite an offer to remain as John McGlynn’s number three. The highly-regarded coach had been operating as caretaker manager for the past three weeks, having previously served as Barry Smith’s assistant prior to his resignation. Despite the backing of players, the 36-year-old’s hopes of landing the job on a permanent basis were ended by disappointing draws against Brechin and Montrose. And with returning gaffer McGlynn insisting on bringing in Paul Smith as his no.2, Cuthbert is likely to have been offered a lesser role to stay at Stark’s Park. Club chairman Bill Clark explained that the former goalkeeper was still deciding his future, but that initial indications were that he would not take up the new role.“Three members of the board including myself spoke with Kevin on Monday,” Clark said.“He already had it in his mind that recent results have gone against him, and his expectations were that he wasn’t going to be appointed as manager. “So we offered him another position as coach, with certain responsibilities, so it could have been a group of three. “He has so far decided that he probably doesn’t want that job, but has gone home to mull it over. “He’s still an employee of the club, we’re still talking to him, but it’s up to him now just what he accepts. “It’s the same salary as he was on - the conditions didn’t change - but he’s mulling that over. “We expect we’ll resolve that by the end of the week.”

Read more at: https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers/cuthbert-considering-raith-future-after-arrival-of-new-management-team-1-4805529

Edited by GhostZapper

2 hours ago, Beachbum said:

One game back and Regan Hendry's in Team of the Week. Dave McGurn there as well.

Capture 4.PNG

Team of the week should have been.

Thomson

Murray

Benedictus

Davidson

Crane

Flanagan

Milne

Wedderburn

Hendry

Vaughan