The New Raith Rovers Thread

This is going to turn out to be a mistake.
We don't have a Tade type out ball nor a Graham Weir chase everything type player. 
It'll also be the end to any semblance of on the deck passing football.
This sounds mental but I think I'd rather have kept Smith than have McGlynn getting the job.

That is mental.

I think he's actually inheriting a better team than last time. We need full backs and there are fitness and injury issues but inthink he'll sort that out. We're unbeaten in the league and the forfar performance shows we can win comfortably , the Airdrie performance shows there is a bit of dig in the team.

Here we fucking go again 

40 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

This is going to turn out to be a mistake.

We don't have a Tade type out ball nor a Graham Weir chase everything type player. 

It'll also be the end to any semblance of on the deck passing football.

This sounds mental but I think I'd rather have kept Smith than have McGlynn getting the job.

Eh?  Flanagan, Nisbet, Vaughan, Gillespie. You have been watching haven't you?

Smith didn't want to stay, he resigned, wasn't sacked, so it did sound mental.

That said, I also remember Sir Jimmy Nic's 2nd stint, so lets hope for no repeat of that.  He will have learned a lot from his time at Hearts and also working under Rodgers, hopefully that will have improved him as a manager.

If it is true I can only assume he has a clause in his contract as I am surprised Celtic have let their chief scout go easily.

I guess we will find out tomorrow, hopefully before @Wardy runs dry.

Just now, lgb61 said:

Eh?  Flanagan, Nisbet, Vaughan, Gillespie. You have been watching haven't you?

Smith didn't want to stay, he resigned, wasn't sacked, so it did sound mental.

That said, I also remember Sir Jimmy Nic's 2nd stint, so lets hope for no repeat of that.  He will have learned a lot from his time at Hearts and also working under Rodgers, hopefully that will have improved him as a manager.

If it is true I can only assume he has a clause in his contract as I am surprised Celtic have let their chief scout go easily.

I guess we will find out tomorrow, hopefully before @Wardy runs dry.

He was opposition scout, no idea where chief scout was coming from...

4 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I think he's actually inheriting a better team than last time. We need full backs and there are fitness and injury issues but inthink he'll sort that out. We're unbeaten in the league and the forfar performance shows we can win comfortably , the Airdrie performance shows there is a bit of dig in the team.

Here we fucking go again 

The squad we have now, compared to the squad when he arrived last time is day and night. Our squad for the playoff game away to Stirling was: 

Fahey, Wilson, Fotheringham, Campbell, Andrews, Lumsden, Fairbairn (Silvestro 75), Ian Davidson, Hislop, Neill (McManus 75), Carcary (McLauchlin 75). Subs Not Used: Pelosi, Currie.

Only two or three of those players would get into the current squad if they were still playing (Davo excluded of course): Sparky,  Marv and (from the form at the time) Craig Wilson.  

Add me to the happy with McGlynn camp. Experienced coach and manager, who is popular with the fans.  He's worked briefly with Sinton at a boardroom level too. He knows what it's like to work with the tightest of budgets. Probably only behind the legendary Frank Connor (manager, not ranting poster) in that respect. Keep in mind, he knows Levein at Hearts, and also knows Rodgers at Celtic too.  That might mean the difference between getting some decent additions into the team, and not. 

He might be agricultural in his style at times, but I'm looking forward to seeing a team which will battle for everything. He'll have the players in the positions they can do best, and will get the most out of them. I'm interested to see how our squad will react to him coming in. You'd hope he'll get the most out of the squad and get them far fitter than they've been. I can't see him having players out of position. I can see him getting the most out of the likes of Murray, Matthews, Benedictus and Buchanan.  It might not be pretty, but if we get out this fucking league and get ourselves established back in the Championship I'd be delighted. 

As mentioned, Hendry is likely to be back at the club which will add to midfield in an attacking sense. Milne hasn't shown much other than a well worked assist up in Inverness so far, so to get Regan back is a big boost considering he was excellent at the end of last season pulling the strings in the middle. 

f**k it lads, I'm off to shave my head and find a pair of tinted glasses. 

12 minutes ago, lgb61 said:

That was my first season of going to occasional games for Rovers. He had a blank chequebook and we threw a ridiculous amount at that team. I think it was really the catalyst for the ridiculous headlines of the next 7 or 8 years of stupid headlines up to Anelka.