The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Just had a quick look and it took us until 24th February this year to drop our 2nd amount of points at home last season and that was our 14th home game.

We've now done that after only 4 homes games this season and we've now played the 3 teams currently bottom of the table.

Means nothing unless we start losing away from home

With the teams we've played so far we should have been aiming for at least five wins. Instead we've won less than half our games and so far we've only had two convincing performances out of seven matches. 

I must be lucky, we’ve won the two games I’ve attended. I hope to make another game soon.

23 minutes ago, Hammyton said:

Given Lennons no.2 at Clyde was at the game must be a good chance they want the job.

Both Alan Moore and Danny Lennon were both in the Clyde dugout yesterday. I’m not saying that one, or both, wouldn’t be interested but that’s just not true.

29 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Both Alan Moore and Danny Lennon were both in the Clyde dugout yesterday. I’m not saying that one, or both, wouldn’t be interested but that’s just not true.

Alan Moore, one great reason not to go for Lennon if he’s part of the deal.

Any manager who players players in the most productive role will do for me.

Alan Moore, one great reason not to go for Lennon if he’s part of the deal.
Any manager who players players in the most productive role will do for me.

I would take the two of them in a heartbeat. We have no chance of that anyway. Why would they leave a cushy job at Clyde to come here. I’d also like to see Petrie rock up at Starks. Even though he’s a Townie hoor. We’ll either appoint Cuthbert and an experienced no.2 or Jim Duffy.

5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

With the teams we've played so far we should have been aiming for at least five wins. Instead we've won less than half our games and so far we've only had two convincing performances out of seven matches. 

Yep

Still unbeaten and only 4 away from Arbroath after complete turmoil and incompetence though. As they are the only team capable of staying the distance this season I'm fairly confident still IF we appoint the right guy.

The board taking their time isn't great which makes me think Duffy isn't their preferred choice, otherwise they'd have appointed him already. I'd go for Petrie as Montrose were very organised and the players so committed. How the opposition played yesterday seems to have got lost in the din of Cuthberts' Rowntree Randoms selection policy

That was an extremely disappointing turnout for McGurn today. I was thinking maybe five or six hundred would have been in attendance, but there was nowhere near that.
Agree. Maybe bad timing with us being at home yesterday and people not wanting/ being able to part with the cash to see players in rovers strips half arsing it.