The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Surely No said:

Between Yogi going out and Barry Smith coming in 17 days. Bear in mind when Yogi was appointed he stated that it was only until the end of the season. So the board ,had in effect, a few months to decide their direction. The chairman has also stated that this is a " new board" and don't want to make same mistakes as previous boards. Only time will tell.:whistle

We need a new manger and in an ideal world the sooner the better but I'd rather we took as long as it takes to get the right man and not another Locke or Smith. The previous board member who (jointly) interviewed/appointed McKinnon, Locke, Hughes and Smith has left and I don't think there is anybody on the board with the experience of asking the right questions. Then again considering we appointed Locke over Ross clearly the previous board weren't asking the right questions either.  I would rather we asked someone of stature in the game to come and sit in on the interviews and assist us in the selection process.  Someone of the stature of  Malpas, McGlynn (if he's not a candidate) or Alex Smith all of whom have worked for the club in the past and I'd trust to do right by the club.  

Leaping in and appointing a Robson or Donatti (sp?) who may be ok but would take their time to find their feet wouldn't be too much of a gamble and not the best course of action imo.

Edited to add, Locke came very highly recommended. NB Don't ask who ever recommended him! (Leviene or/and maybe McGlynn??)

Edited by Scottydog

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

From a Clyde perspective, what sort of a job is Lennon doing there? Is he held in high regard? Obviously he's turned things around but with a player of Goodwillie's ability available I would expect you to be up there near the top.

He's done a fantastic job and I think every Clyde fan, for once, is in agreement with that. I see what you're saying about DGW but before Lennon came in we had won 2 games all season (that was by November) so having the best player in the league doesn't count for much when he's being managed by an absolute diddy. By the end up we were within touching distance of the play-offs which was a fantastic achievment. 

Rovers seem to be a bit of a shambles at the moment and I don't know why Lennon would give up what appears to be a fantastic relationship with the board at Clyde and a really exciting team on the park.

I don't know why Lennon would give up what appears to be a fantastic relationship with the board at Clyde and a really exciting team on the park.

Because he can earn more money and gives him a chance to progress further with a full time team. Lennon won’t want to be stuck as a part time manager all his days.

22 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Because he can earn more money and gives him a chance to progress further with a full time team. Lennon won’t want to be stuck as a part time manager all his days.

Aye, he said as much yesterday that he didn't want to be a part time manager forever. I don't know how much Lennon is on at Clyde but I imagine it'll be very decent for a part time wage - it would need to be to attract him in the first place. If he does go it won't be money motivated, I don't think. 

I'm happy for the board to take a couple of weeks, I realise they are not experienced football men (something they will be aware of also) and I suspect they are using the time to take advice from whatever experienced men are willing to offer such advice. Sim is a successful businessman and I should think in his field he worked out how to ask the right questions so I would think he is finding out how to do that this time. Of course my faith in them could be well misplaced and they could just be winging it and will appoint that diving wee badge kissing Spaniard on Monday.

They really can't afford to get this appointment wrong so if it takes a little longer to get the right person in, then so be it.  Either way there will be a section of the fanbase unhappy about the process and final decision.

4 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

He's done a fantastic job and I think every Clyde fan, for once, is in agreement with that. I see what you're saying about DGW but before Lennon came in we had won 2 games all season (that was by November) so having the best player in the league doesn't count for much when he's being managed by an absolute diddy. By the end up we were within touching distance of the play-offs which was a fantastic achievment. 

Rovers seem to be a bit of a shambles at the moment and I don't know why Lennon would give up what appears to be a fantastic relationship with the board at Clyde and a really exciting team on the park.

we are a full time club, good chance to win the league, bigger club and a club he represented in Europe,captained and is regarded as a hero, would love to see him back, will he thou who knows