Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Really don’t think McGlynn is a feasible option. He’s got the cushiest of cushy jobs at Celtic, I can’t see how he’s going to see us as a more attractive proposition. If we’re going down the bald manager who’s been there and done it your looking at Duffy and Houston (if interested).

Really don’t think McGlynn is a feasible option. He’s got the cushiest of cushy jobs at Celtic, I can’t see how he’s going to see us as a more attractive proposition. If we’re going down the bald manager who’s been there and done it your looking at Duffy and Houston (if interested).

McGlynn doesn't strike me as the type to hold on to a cushy job rather than take a challenge. That said, I don't think it will be him, but we could do much, much worse.

Not fussed about going out from this cup. I am fussed about the team being 5 down after 40 minutes and quite clearly not giving a single shit, with a group of fans who had spent a good amount of time travelling. 

Cuthbert was absolutely raging, and he doesent seem the type to get raging.  

Cold light of day, not too worried about yesterday. Obviously a bit alarming to lose five goals, especially in 24 minutes (!), but not necessarily an issue if we just put it behind us. We won’t play anyone as good as Ross County this season, we won’t play any more matches that mean as little, forget about it and move on.

Got to be working on the assumption Cuthbert will be the manager for Brechin, unless the board meeting tomorrow identifies a unanimous candidate. Hopefully yesterday was more a reflection on the players and the general malaise around the tournament than his leadership.

I'm still happy enough with cuthbert for the time being. He's said the right things and done the right things in prepping for yesterday but the players for one reason or another haven't done as asked. Hopefully see a massive improvement next week cat will have all week to implement his ideas so won't have any excuses (other than lack of help)

I don’t think Cuthbert is the man for the job (at this time anyway) but I tell you what, that post match interview is the best and most honest manager interview I can ever remember. 

Well done Kev for not hiding behind excuses and cliches. 

26 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I don’t think Cuthbert is the man for the job (at this time anyway) but I tell you what, that post match interview is the best and most honest manager interview I can ever remember. 

Well done Kev for not hiding behind excuses and cliches. 

For consistently honest (and cohesive) post match interviews try Gary Naismith's

To take your mind off yesterday's humping, Stark's Park from the air August 2018.

Genuinely hat’s off to whoever’s drone was used for that, cracking wee video. Starks Park is truly stunning, just a shame the team is pish haha!
Really hope the hierarchy has been in discussions with potential gaffers over the weekend. The likes of Novo, Donatti and Robson can all “get ti” in my opinion. Jim Duffy for me. McGlynn would also be fine, but doubt that will happen - sorry Wardy!

Heard yesterday that two of the applicants have been interviewed. No names mentioned well they were but I keeping my mouth shut and let superhans tell you. No it wasn't him that mentioned the two person's. Also, although I doubt it Stevie Crawford has chucked his hat into the ring as I say that source is usually a slavering git.

51 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Genuinely hat’s off to whoever’s drone was used for that, cracking wee video. Starks Park is truly stunning, just a shame the team is pish haha!
Really hope the hierarchy has been in discussions with potential gaffers over the weekend. The likes of Novo, Donatti and Robson can all “get ti” in my opinion. Jim Duffy for me. McGlynn would also be fine, but doubt that will happen - sorry Wardy!

B0458315-3BF7-42DF-9551-E96A80F8B058.jpeg

9 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Heard yesterday that two of the applicants have been interviewed. No names mentioned well they were but I keeping my mouth shut and let superhans tell you. No it wasn't him that mentioned the two person's. Also, although I doubt it Stevie Crawford has chucked his hat into the ring as I say that source is usually a slavering git.

zicoromaines?

10 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

A few cars in The Strathearn hotel car park on Friday with personalised number plates. Say no more. 

For consistently honest (and cohesive) post match interviews try Gary Naismith's

All learnt on EFTV, his postmatch interviews were a continual delight as he called a spade a spade, accepted blame when it was his to accept, didn't lie and if things were shite, say they were shite, his honesty was a refreshing change and an oddity, they were always worth watching!!!
Although it's got to be said he did learn some interview etiquette, if they are still available on EFTV you should check his really early interviews, probably the first couple of months, and it was again something you wouldn't be used to in managerial interviews. The number of times he would either pick his ears, nose or even food out of the back of his teeth while talking was quite mesmerising, the occasional belch was not uncommon either. Naysmith Bingo was a popular game at the time, a full house ending on a burp meant you had to down the whole pint!!!

A few cars in The Strathearn hotel car park on Friday with personalised number plates. Say no more. 

NN 1690 ???

1 minute ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I know who was interviewed but I'm not telling ye because it makes me feel important pretending to be in the know. 

??

84EEA733-E9B4-40AA-BC6A-6B669372B1AF.png

28 minutes ago, Wardy said:

??

84EEA733-E9B4-40AA-BC6A-6B669372B1AF.png

True story:

John McGlynn phoned me at home to discuss the young player of the year.

It was between Jamie Mackie and  Ross Laidlaw. Mackie won. 

Edited by Ebanda's Handyman Services

True story:
It was between Mackie and Laidlaw. Mackie won. 
Whatever happened to mackie? Think he was on loan at Berwick a couple seasons back?

Just now, grumswall said:
7 minutes ago, Ebanda said:
True story:
It was between Mackie and Laidlaw. Mackie won. 

Whatever happened to mackie? Think he was on loan at Berwick a couple seasons back?

He went to Hibs, on loan to Edinburgh City, now back at Hibs.