The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Considering you and Steakngravy are the same person that’s not a surprise

That reminds me of a 70's tv show called The Quest.

It featured a young Kurt Russell (any relation?) whose character was called Morgan 'Two Persons' Beaudine

102559576-american-actor-kurt-russell-stars-as-morgan-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=R4V%2fQay2ANwpmCZhkZDSEuIU7xd1WWvTzZoBc%2fpMhYHcdMOrTWHFKhUMPxxUI%2fSdMbJM4GtSK%2bTpfAQwFtqKIFaHsoIAt8fMi4bkJ3x%2b%2bHk%3d

1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

I've been conducting interviews all weekend. I know who they all are but there will be no appointments made until we find the bag of cash that Turnbull buried under the corner flag.

How fucking deep was it?

http://www.raithrovers.net/pitchcam

Like zenarcher aka wolfman jack . And the fanny on here who goes under the non de plume of zicoromaines is no me he's an imposter and good luck to him. The names I heard was a certain youth coach by the name of Robson from Aberdeen and I think Sean someone from Celtic. Hans you are a twat and your father was a bigger one but I really don't care.:thumsup2

17 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Like zenarcher aka wolfman jack . And the fanny on here who goes under the non de plume of zicoromaines is no me he's an imposter and good luck to him. The names I heard was a certain youth coach by the name of Robson from Aberdeen and I think Sean someone from Celtic. Hans you are a twat and your father was a bigger one but I really don't care.:thumsup2

Well done on keeping your mouth shut for 4 hours.

2 hours ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, Ebanda said:
True story:
John McGlynn phoned me at home to discuss the young player of the year.
It was between Mackie and Laidlaw. Mackie won. 

Whatever happened to mackie? Think he was on loan at Berwick a couple seasons back?

True story.... Christmas 2016 I was watching the panto at the Byre Theatre. The panto dame picked on a guy sitting in the front row of the audience and singled him out as her “love interest”. It was a running joke throughout the show and in the end and the poor bloke was dragged up on stage to participate in the finale. Thought he looked fairly familiar and it dawned on me, when I saw him in the foyer afterwards, that it was Jamie Mackie. Think I googled him on the way home and he’d been playing for St Andrews United and Tayport. 

True story.... Christmas 2016 I was watching the panto at the Byre Theatre. The panto dame picked on a guy sitting in the front row of the audience and singled him out as her “love interest”. It was a running joke throughout the show and in the end and the poor bloke was dragged up on stage to participate in the finale. Thought he looked fairly familiar and it dawned on me, when I saw him in the foyer afterwards, that it was Jamie Mackie. Think I googled him on the way home and he’d been playing for St Andrews United and Tayport. 
I did mean Sean mackie. Sorry to have you type all that out, as interesting a story as it is.

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:
15 minutes ago, Nairney said:

I did mean Sean mackie. Sorry to have you type all that out, as interesting a story as it is.

I’m gutted!

NN 1690 ???

Nacho “red hand” Novo a depressive, unhealthy, stroke-ridden half-wit - yeah he ticks all the boxes, let’s offer him the managers job. Or how about John “plumber” McGlynn who has been out of football management for 5 years (does anyone know why no other club have touched his dated negative tactics in this time?) - but wait, at least he could fix the sprinkler system if it breaks down.

Minutes of Raith Board Meeting 2PM on 10th September 2018 as written by Mystic Meg[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

51 minutes ago, Daysgoneby said:

Nacho “red hand” Novo a depressive, unhealthy, stroke-ridden half-wit - yeah he ticks all the boxes, let’s offer him the managers job. Or how about John “plumber” McGlynn who has been out of football management for 5 years (does anyone know why no other club have touched his dated negative tactics in this time?) - but wait, at least he could fix the sprinkler system if it breaks down.

Minutes of Raith Board Meeting 2PM on 10th September 2018 as written by Mystic Megemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

He won us this division playing 4-3-3...

BFD444E4-F8DB-4596-9872-D7BD194C1232.png

4 minutes ago, renton said:

In fairness, I don't even think we played 4-3-3 for much more than a quarter of the season.

Nisbet, Flanagan and Duggan as a front 3 sounds promising. 

Vaughan in the number 10 role, with Gilliespie and Wedderburn behind. Usual back 4 and keeper.  Leagues ours. 

80E7098F-22B3-4F37-98DA-96E0F493FC03.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Nisbet, Flanagan and Duggan as a front 3 sounds promising. 

Vaughan in the number 10 role, with Gilliespie and Wedderburn behind. Usual back 4 and keeper.  Leagues ours. 

80E7098F-22B3-4F37-98DA-96E0F493FC03.jpeg

Flanagan wouldn't get anywhere near a McGlynn starting 11 - too wingery. 

In fairness though, the way we played against Forfar it was a pretty fluid front line - almost a 3 at times. 

12 hours ago, steakngravy said:

You are at it as usual, 

the board have interviewed nobody for the job yet.

There have been a raft of applications including guys in work and out of work. Various nationalities British and foreign from as far afield as North America, Iceland and Tesco. :lol:

Edited by Scottydog

18 minutes ago, renton said:

Flanagan wouldn't get anywhere near a McGlynn starting 11 - too wingery. 

In fairness though, the way we played against Forfar it was a pretty fluid front line - almost a 3 at times. 

Danny Denholm quoted McGlynn in his blog recently saying he thought he was a top guy but didn't like wingers. He also said "Hard work and running covers a multitude of sins" which is the most McGlynn thing ever.