The New Raith Rovers Thread

I wonder how long it'll be this season before the men in white coats come for you or if you'll just lose it one day and launch your computer out your bedroom window.

Check you, waiting for the greenies. I couldn’t give a flying f**k what the morons on this site think of me. At least I didn’t pretend to be my son. Food for thought ya loony

What would you want as a contingency plan then? What is the contingency plan for this situation?

Erm, going part time or a hybrid. Anyone with half a brain would have agreed. But wait it’s me right enough.

6 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

But Frank, I’m wrong and everyone else is right. Almost a full team injured. Remember I said almost. And we have no contingency plan. Maybe that’s acceptable to others with the injuries. But the last few seasons injuries seem to be a pattern at this club, especially at the most crucial stages.

It comes down to preparation all these injuries aren't just bad luck maybe players think the rovers are a soft touch it's funny when players move on they are suddenly fit again ie Craig Barr.

Erm, going part time or a hybrid. Anyone with half a brain would have agreed. But wait it’s me right enough.

Who was the last part time team to win this league? And with the players we already had under contract, what would they have done when all the other players were at work? How long would it take for us to change back to full time? Like I said, you've no sense of reality at all.

Get a grip of yourself.

Who was the last part time team to win this league? And with the players we already had under contract, what would they have done when all the other players were at work? How long would it take for us to change back to full time? Like I said, you've no sense of reality at all.

Get a grip of yourself.

You’ll never redeem yourself btw. More food for thought.

It was a meaningless game in terms of progression, but one look at the body language of the Rovers bench showed that there are real concerns,quite a few heads in hands there. 

But we were so far off it today it was embarrassing. There was a huge gulf in quality between the sides, and a neutral observer would have got the full time side and the part time non league side the wrong way round. 

For guys like Stevenson, Buchanan, Milne et al it represented an opportunity to stake a claim for the season ahead.   Instead they (and everyone to be fair) were shown to be absolutely miles off the pace. 

The same turgid formation was there, and again calls to keep the ball moving quickly on the deck we're absolutely ignored. As the game petered out though Smith and Cuthbert barely said a word. 

We were second best in every aspect. We were never likely to qualify from this group but finishing bottom is an abarrasment. 

I understand that the pitch is funded externally, but when 700k is spent on a pitch yet our back up goalie is a young kid who is completely untested at any sort of level.... That will raise questions whether rightly or wrongly. 

And at the end of the day fans travelled to that, and with season ticket sales as low as they are we can't afford to scare anyone off with pish like that. 

The real concern is that Cove looked far fitter and sharper than us, and that we really need to address this injury situation. It's frankly ridiculous. 

Also the defence was horrendous today. Absolutely bullied by Mcmanus and Megginson and we lost a huge amount of free headers. Wedderburn also looked incredibly light weight and was easily muscled off the ball time after time. 

4 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

How would that have helped if we are paying less for full time than some are for part time ?

I wasn't aware that we were offering less money than part time clubs. My understanding was that what we are offering is less than a player with a day job and part time football wage can realistically expect to earn. 

John McGlynn had someone bankroll the signing of Marvin

That’s my point. Barry doesn’t have the tactical nous to get an investor to bankroll anyone. McKinnon was able to get the funds too. Is Father Stone that devoid of savvy??

On top of this Calderon realistically Cove Rangers had nothing to aging from this gain either. They as well would not want injuries in another important season ahead. They may not gave been at full pelt either, which  gives mire thought on the performance. 

A week ago, we played 4-3-3 against hearts. I wasnt at the game, but going by here we played well. Looked like it may have been a possible solution given the current injury situation. So why change it back to a 4-4-2 that doesn’t work? What has barry seen during the week that we haven’t?

Nats cock?

On top of this Calderon realistically Cove Rangers had nothing to aging from this gain either. They as well would not want injuries in another important season ahead. They may not gave been at full pelt either, which  gives mire thought on the performance. 
My point precisely. Cove too have half a new team, are not 100% fit and had nothing to play for. And they're part time. And they beat us comfortably enough.

By the way I’m not on here to cause trouble, I’ve also read on fantalk that he’s got until October to get it sorted. He should’ve been launched at the end of the season. That run in was awful. The reality is we have no money to compete at this level. Someone also said that we may have loans players available. What self respecting loan player would come to us and sit on the bench like he did with Hendry