The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Why? We can't afford to sack him we've just spent 700k on a pitch  we didn't need can't afford can't make money out off can't rent it out cos we can't afford new floodlights or new dressing rooms it's all great.

Starks Park Properties and the club are two different entities, with two different budgets. 

I hope Smith is left in no doubt what's acceptable this season, on his journey back down the road. A wee word up the back here Barry.... Losing to a bunch of ceilidh dancers is only the latest ignominy. Why are we getting so many injuries? Are the players not fit enough? Why are we getting beaten by ceilidh dancers and losing 2 goals to the fattest man in Scottish football? Why are we playing 442 as default? Why is there not enough cover in the small squad? Why are we relying on a 16 year old sub keeper, because now he's out 1st choice unless Thomson recovers? Why are we woeful away from home again? Is Lewis Vaughan ever going to reappear (I have a dreadful conspiracy theory we'll never see him and this is them letting us down easy)? I could go on.... Long story short Bazza, old chap. Get it sorted by East Fife game or we'll be having other conversations.

Calm down everyone! Last week we were all creaming our loads over how well the team played against Hearts.

It was a meaningless game. The injuries are unfortunate and a bit of a worry but what the hells the point in getting on the backs of the team and manager before the seasons even started?

Hopefully the injuries from today aren't too severe and at least we've got Buchanan coming back. Next Saturday will be the game to reserve judgment for.

Maybe the club should just roll Sim out to tell us about how he's planning on building a hotel in the Railway Stand by 2075 and everyone will go back to feeling good again.

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I hope Smith is left in no doubt what's acceptable this season, on his journey back down the road. A wee word up the back here Barry.... Losing to a bunch of ceilidh dancers is only the latest ignominy. Why are we getting so many injuries? Are the players not fit enough? Why are we getting beaten by ceilidh dancers and losing 2 goals to the fattest man in Scottish football? Why are we playing 442 as default? Why is there not enough cover in the small squad? Why are we relying on a 16 year old sub keeper, because now he's out 1st choice unless Thomson recovers? Why are we woeful away from home again? Is Lewis Vaughan ever going to reappear (I have a dreadful conspiracy theory we'll never see him and this is them letting us down easy)? I could go on.... Long story short Bazza, old chap. Get it sorted by East Fife game or we'll be having other conversations.

I agree with the general gist of your post but calling Cove ceilidh dancers is a bit disrespectful and reeks of sour grapes. 

About as bad as the ding on Facebook calling them "sheep shagging farmers". 

Also, I'm not happy clapper or fan of Smith, but people conveniently overlook the Caley and Hearts games.  Folk underplaying the fact Cove narrowly missed out on promotion of the SPFL, and that they're throwing money at their team.

2 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Can we get this circulated and ask people to sign to indicate that they understand? 

Ideally, that'd be the case.  Can't see it catching on.  

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Starks Park Properties and the club are two different entities, with two different budgets. 

They say it costs 30k a year maintenance with a 700k pitch that's 23 years maintenance the pitch won't last half that. We can't afford the new floodlights or the extra dressing rooms I can't see how we can make money from this .For all this talk of one person not being allowed to own the club SIM has a pretty goog monopoly.  I don't believe Starks park properties and RRFC are two different things in reality. 

1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

Calm down everyone! Last week we were all creaming our loads over how well the team played against Hearts.

It was a meaningless game. The injuries are unfortunate and a bit of a worry but what the hells the point in getting on the backs of the team and manager before the seasons even started?

Hopefully the injuries from today aren't too severe and at least we've got Buchanan coming back. Next Saturday will be the game to reserve judgment for.

Maybe the club should just roll Sim out to tell us about how he's planning on building a hotel in the Railway Stand by 2075 and everyone will go back to feeling good again.

Agree with this completely. 

We couldn’t afford to sack DL till uncle Alec came to the rescue 

I’d love Uncle Alec to help us now. He’s a football man. We need football people back at this club. Not a tuppence ha’penny saving at every opportunity bean counter sorry if that upsets your sensibilities. But you know I’m right....ish.

Two goals in four games, with defeats to nil in the games we played against lower league opposition and set up in a 4-4-2. 

On the contrary, we gave Heart and Caley a game when we set up appropriately. The problem is poor management. 

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

I’d love Uncle Alec to help us now. He’s a football man. We need football people back at this club. Not a tuppence ha’penny saving at every opportunity bean counter sorry if that upsets your sensibilities. But you know I’m right....ish.

Unfortunately a "tuppence ha'penny saving at every opportunity bean counter" is exactly what we need right now. 

Hopefully a short term pain for long term gain situation. 

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

People seem to forget when Penman first owned the club he was a young man he's  now a lot older and probably far wealthier like most people he's changed over the last 20 odd years since he last owned the club.

1 minute ago, Frank conner said:

They say it costs 30k a year maintenance with a 700k pitch that's 23 years maintenance the pitch won't last half that. We can't afford the new floodlights or the extra dressing rooms I can't see how we can make money from this .For all this talk of one person not being allowed to own the club SIM has a pretty goog monopoly.  I don't believe Starks park properties and RRFC are two different things in reality. 

They're two different entities.  If you want to go into proper detail, you can go on companies house and look at the files for information if you're really bored.  John Sim is investing in the stadium via Stark's Park Properties. He's said previously  he's paying for it from his own pocket. Whether this is the reality is a different question. 

2 words. f**k Off

People seem to forget when Penman first owned the club he was a young man he's  now a lot older and probably far wealthier like most people he's changed over the last 20 odd years since he last owned the club.

Rovers to the end. I’ll leave that here