The New Raith Rovers Thread

I know that was meant as a dig about us staying down here but we could be in this league for the next 10 years and I doubt they would be promoted in that time.
Stranger things have happened. I'm weirdly optimistic so far considering Smith getting kept on had me sitting in the bath with the toaster, couldn't find the bloody extension though.

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

The Berwick Rangers friendly has been cancelled on police advice. :lol:

That's a fuckin sick joke. I'm stopping off in Newcastle on my way home from holiday and have booked train tickets for Berwick on the Saturday. Does that mean if Colombia pump England the polis will allow the game to be on again? 

Been there once. I remember Berwick scoring ridiculously early, Davo scored for raith (i think), i had a deep fried pie, which was bowfin, and spewed it up the minute I got off the bus.

57 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

My favourite memory of Berwick’s ground was after a minute or two of game, Bodge realises he is at wrong side of ground so just casually (and drunkenly) walks across the pitch about in line with 18 yard box, quality!

He stopped shook hands with Raul Ojeda, and carried on 

Not too devastated by not having a day out in Berwick tbh.

My 1st trip there was a 6-0 thrashing in the Scottish.

My second  saw me with a cut chin (still have the scar) after getting hit with a flying stone when a fight broke out up the back, there was always trouble at Berwick.

Many years later we went there with a decent support on Boxingday only for the team not to bother their arses.

Fair to say most of my trips to Sheilfield have been memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Did there not used to be a pub in Kirkcaldy called the brewars arms, or am I making that up?

There’s the Feuars Arms just at the Ravey flats.
Not to say there wasn’t a pub in Kdy called that in a previous incarnation.

Also, Rovers have commented on the post on FB about the Berwick friendly being cancelled.

//
FURTHER STATEMENT FROM RRFC:

Both Berwick Rangers and ourselves wanted the game to go ahead.

On Friday we were contacted by Northumbria Police who told us they had “high level intelligence” that the game was being targeted by right wing extremists out to cause trouble and that there was a safety issue for fans.

They advised that the safest action was to cancel the match.

Reluctantly we have done so - given what the police have told us there was no alternative decision possible.

Fans' safety comes first.
//