The New Raith Rovers Thread

Players with the right attitude who want to make a go of full time football eg Duggan and Milne seem quite happy with the wages on offer. Either this Flanagan guy must be so full of himself that he thinks a better full time offer will be forthcoming (it won't be) or he's happy to drop into part-time football which is fair enough.

He sounded decidedly uninspiring anyway.

McHattie can f*ck right off!! Surely Barry canny be for real if he’s even considering offering him a contract. Everyone that watches/watched the development team has always said that Valentine is an excellent prospect for Left Back, surely get him in if and when Murray is needed to cover at centre half.

2 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

McHattie can f*ck right off!! Surely Barry canny be for real if he’s even considering offering him a contract. Everyone that watches/watched the development team has always said that Valentine is an excellent prospect for Left Back, surely get him in if and when Murray is needed to cover at centre half.

Smith once referred to McHattie as the best lefy back in the division...

3 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

He called him the best left back in the league when he's fit last season. He wasn't even the best left back in our team. Murray should be left back. The fact Smith thinks otherwise shows why questions were asked after the bottle jobs against Alloa last season.

Can someone inform Dumbarton that McHattie has all the perfect traits to get our railways up to the standard we expect. He can even do overtime when his inevitable injuries come into play. 

Flanagan can get to f**k. 

Maybe third time lucky for the guy but I was hoping we could have got someone else in. Sometimes it is the better the devil you know I suppose...

So team looking like:

Thomson

Watson     Bene     Davo     Murray

Matthews Gilliespie           Vaughan                                      

Milne 

Buchanan        Duggan

Thats our strongest line up so far. 3 outfielders and a keeper to come in. Great

Who is this Flanagan character?

I like to think I'm fairly knowledgeable on Scottish football but I've not heard of him, is he really 'all that' to be turning down whatever Rovers have offered him?

If true, sounds like they've dodged a bullet and avoided someone who thinks they're better than they are.

On another note, I also think they're a player in Kevin Nisbet, but not sure exactly how. His best performance for us came in the first leg against Alloa (less said about the second leg the better) when he played as a sort of wide forward. Before that though he looked utterly toothless, a la Greg Morrison. I'd be surprised if there was anything in him signing for Raith tbh.

With my complete lack of wisdom I'd go:

Thomson

*Insert RB*/Watson               Bene                                   Davo             Murray

Matthews                                Gillespie

*Insert New Winger*                                Milne                                      Vaughan                                                

Duggan 

I'd rotate Buchanan and Duggan depending on form.  Ideally we'd also pick up a more experienced right back.  

We all know with Smith, it'll be a flat 4-4-2 

Thomson

Watson*                        Bene                                   Davo             Murray

Matthews                     Milne                             Gillespie        Vaughan

Buchanan                           Duggan. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

8 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

With my complete lack of wisdom I'd go:

Thomson

*Insert RB*/Watson               Bene                                   Davo             Murray

Matthews                                Gillespie

*Insert New Winger*                                Milne                                      Vaughan                                                

Duggan 

I'd rotate Buchanan and Duggan depending on form.  Ideally we'd also pick up a more experienced right back.  

We all know with Smith, it'll be a flat 4-4-2 

Thomson

Watson*                        Bene                                   Davo             Murray

Matthews                     Milne                             Gillespie        Vaughan

Buchanan                           Duggan. 

Step away from the tactics board mate.... :lol: 

Smith once referred to McHattie as the best lefy back in the division...

I must’ve missed that quote last season (thank f*ck!!). He can’t do the school boy basics at defending, he’s absolutely gash! Genuinely if he could defend, he’d still be with someone like Hearts, I think he’s great going forward, but he just can’t defend.

All this optimism, I’m off to buy my season ticket today.

1 minute ago, WSDR 88 said:

I must’ve missed that quote last season (thank f*ck!!). He can’t do the school boy basics at defending, he’s absolutely gash! Genuinely if he could defend, he’d still be with someone like Hearts, I think he’s great going forward, but he just can’t defend.

All this optimism, I’m off to buy my season ticket today.

he would be better at left mid if we sign him again!!

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

he would be better at left mid if we sign him again!!

Meh; Full backs that look good going forward often do so because they have yards of space to accelerate into in front of them, not to mention that the guy in front of them these days often gives the full back the space outside to hit the byline. Nothing from McHattie makes me think he could beat a man in constricted space and get away from them.

Edited by renton