Jump to content
Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Recommended Posts

Well Smith said 4 + a keeper in the press last week, so Milne in leaves 3 to go. A winger, striker and full back? Almost certain we'll play games with either Matthews or Vaughan out wide so will probably go with one specialist winger just now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Milne stated in his interview that the Rovers are a MASSIVE club. So that’s enough for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Challenge Cup was a video game then beating Rangers in the final means we’ve completed it.

I must admit, I’ve always had a soft spot for it, but it’s very much a loss making exercise, which is far from ideal.

That said, I look forward to Lewis Milne scoring the winner in this season’s final.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nothing much been happening with the pitch for weeks. Will it definitely be finished for Christmas?


We’ve decided to play on tarmac this season as a tribute to the young fans who used to hone their football and kerby skills on the streets of Kirkcaldy.

We will also be installing kerbs, and will shortly announce plans to host an International Kerby Tournament with teams from as far afield as Methil, Greenock, Bellshill and Outer Mongolia taking part for the greatest prize in World Kerby, the Golden Kerb.

To get the tournament going, there will be a debate in the centre circle between two eminent professors from the University of Edinburgh philosophy department on the merits of the game and whether it is Kerby or Curby.

For added ‘reality’ at random times throughout the matches a speeding car will move along the pitch to disrupt play.

I am sure all true Rovers and Kerby fans will get behind this visionary idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In other news, Iain Davidson (Davo) has gone on a journey up The Ganges.

Iain turned to Hinduism to get over the disappointment of last season. He hopes this will recharge his batteries and give him the inner strength to captain us to the League 1 title.

I am sure we all wish Iain good luck for his trip and for next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nothing much been happening with the pitch for weeks. Will it definitely be finished for Christmas?

It does look that way on the pitch cam, but the resin was being laid/installed/poured last week on top of the type 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



In other news, Iain Davidson (Davo) has gone on a journey up The Ganges.

Iain turned to Hinduism to get over the disappointment of last season. He hopes this will recharge his batteries and give him the inner strength to captain us to the League 1 title.

I am sure we all wish Iain good luck for his trip and for next season.


I'm glad you put davo in brackets,otherwise I think i might have struggled to work out who you were talking about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus this is fucking boring! Can we have another speculative rumour that Vaughan might be leaving so at least we can have something to talk/panic about?

I personally think we should keep him. He's definitely going to be the guy that wins us the league this season. Last season he was just warming up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Jesus this is fucking boring! Can we have another speculative rumour that Vaughan might be leaving so at least we can have something to talk/panic about?

I personally think we should keep him. He's definitely going to be the guy that wins us the league this season. Last season he was just warming up.

You've changed your tune.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You've changed your tune.
It's Martin that doesn't like Vaughan, his dad is a big fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

 


We’ve decided to play on tarmac this season as a tribute to the young fans who used to hone their football and kerby skills on the streets of Kirkcaldy.

We will also be installing kerbs, and will shortly announce plans to host an International Kerby Tournament with teams from as far afield as Methil, Greenock, Bellshill and Outer Mongolia taking part for the greatest prize in World Kerby, the Golden Kerb.

To get the tournament going, there will be a debate in the centre circle between two eminent professors from the University of Edinburgh philosophy department on the merits of the game and whether it is Kerby or Curby.

For added ‘reality’ at random times throughout the matches a speeding car will move along the pitch to disrupt play.

I am sure all true Rovers and Kerby fans will get behind this visionary idea.

 

Will this be on Sky or Alba?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stuart Phinn (physio) leaving to take up a roll at East End Park....

Maybe a good thing we didn't sign Flood - he has terminated his contract at Dunfermline to head to the far east!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

Stuart Phinn (physio) leaving to take up a roll at East End Park....

Maybe a good thing we didn't sign Flood - he has terminated his contract at Dunfermline to head to the far east!

Apparently they've first dibs on him should he return to Scotland as a player. I reckon he'll retire after being at, eh, Bali United?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing exciting in this weeks FFP other than a recently released championship midfielder who can also play in defence is training and discussing terms and still talking to several other un  named  targets! 

Edited by spot on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...