The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Given the crap drainage at SP since the pitch was levelled in the 90's I think there'll be a shedload of work still to be done before the plastic arrives.

If in doing so they discover graver issues (as Sim alluded to in his interview) it might take even longer and cost a lot more.

Ask Penman what he done with the good top soil when the new stands were built and the pitch levelled that' the problem

8 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

So if they can’t do the only thing they’re good at that rehabilitation will take a bit longer. Who decides what jobs they can and can’t do?

What level of crime could a footballer commit where members of the public would judge him safe to resume a footballing career?

Plenty drink drivers among them. Plenty who’ve carried out nasty physical assaults who are still playing. Must be plenty fans who see these types resuming their football careers who have been affected by this sort of crime.

A footballer is a unique position, I've said already why you cannot compare a footballer with a normal job. 

We're discussing rape here, its one of the most heinous, vile and degrading crimes someone can commit. You might be happy to accept and support a player like that in your club but I'd be stunned if the majority did.

6 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

A footballer is a unique position, I've said already why you cannot compare a footballer with a normal job. 

We're discussing rape here, its one of the most heinous, vile and degrading crimes someone can commit. You might be happy to accept and support a player like that in your club but I'd be stunned if the majority did.

David Goodwillie plays for Clyde pal. Maybe take your wee discussion over to that thread. 

Maybe the SPFL should come up with a list of crimes and note whether it’s acceptable for a club to sign a player after committing a certain crime. Seems odd that they’ve allowed Clyde to sign Goodwillie.

I see the “nasty pervert” has obviously been rehabilitated and is possibly on his way to the Premiership today.

17 hours ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

Ask Penman what he done with the good top soil when the new stands were built and the pitch levelled that' the problem

No need to ask I heard 1st hand what went on.

Prior to going on holiday the groundsman at the time (John Murray iirc) left clear and concise instructions on what the aggregates and layers were to be but it was ignored and spoil from the building site at Seafield was used instead.  All the good grade topsoil went to the expensive houses gardens at Seafield and the crap was used to level the pitch.

Maybe the SPFL should come up with a list of crimes and note whether it’s acceptable for a club to sign a player after committing a certain crime. Seems odd that they’ve allowed Clyde to sign Goodwillie.

I see the “nasty pervert” has obviously been rehabilitated and is possibly on his way to the Premiership today.

Where does "glassing" punters in the face come in on this list at the Rovers??
Are they just given the Captain's armband and a testimonial???

If you're referring to Dougie Hill, he was released at the end of his contract in the summer of 2015. The incident happened in October 2014 and came to court in September 2015. Not sure what more Rovers could have done.

Where does "glassing" punters in the face come in on this list at the Rovers??

Are they just given the Captain's armband and a testimonial???

East Fife think that kind of thing is fine.

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/club-pledges-support-after-assault-charge-1-148112

Thinking about it, did one of your ex managers not get done for assault too and then there was that Chairman.

Not talking about East Fife here, we're talking about the the Community Club that is Raith Rovers and their band of self righteous, holier than thou fans who would never accept a known felon to be signed for their pious Club!!!
Just asking like!!!

Not talking about East Fife here, we're talking about the the Community Club that is Raith Rovers and their band of self righteous, holier than thou fans who would never accept a known felon to be signed for their pious Club!!!
Just asking like!!!

I think we’ve clarified that football fans - even the holier than thou ones - are okay with criminals signing. Just as long as they aren’t sex offenders. Some clubs are even okay with those sorts signing. Not sure what the fans of those clubs think of the signings. Clyde and Livi fans could comment.

I think we’ve clarified that football fans - even the holier than thou ones - are okay with criminals signing. Just as long as they aren’t sex offenders. Some clubs are even okay with those sorts signing. Not sure what the fans of those clubs think of the signings. Clyde and Livi fans could comment.

So it's not so much a list, more a sliding scale of criminality, combined with the said players worth and value to the Club at that particular moment!!!

So basically it's, if he's a known or even only an alleged criminal, we better not sign him and make a public outcry against any possible signing of the aforesaid player, but if it's a useful and regular starter already on the books and actually he's quite good and we want to keep him, it's more a case of "sshhh don't say anything and people might forget all about it" and we'll continue to overlook the situation while showing disdain on other Clubs and individual players???

Have I got it right???

So it's not so much a list, more a sliding scale of criminality, combined with the said players worth and value to the Club at that particular moment!!!
So basically it's, if he's a known or even only an alleged criminal, we better not sign him and make a public outcry against any possible signing of the aforesaid player, but if it's a useful and regular starter already on the books and actually he's quite good and we want to keep him, it's more a case of "sshhh don't say anything and people might forget all about it" and we'll continue to overlook the situation while showing disdain on other Clubs and individual players???
Have I got it right???

That’s basically it. But sex offenders and nonces are off limits for all but the like of Clyde, Ayr and Livi.

45 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Just asking like!!!

What would East Fife fans care most of your fans are criminals anyway!

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Just asking like!!!

Raith Rovers thread so we,ll talk about anyone,any team

East Fife think that kind of thing is fine.

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/club-pledges-support-after-assault-charge-1-148112

Thinking about it, did one of your ex managers not get done for assault too and then there was that Chairman.

Think you'll find that Martin was punted later that season and Danskin was chased out pretty much immediately but you'll have to remind me about the ex-manager thing!!!

Davo he is referring to

Yes I am!!!
What would East Fife fans care most of your fans are criminals anyway!

Another one of those funnier in your head type things Frank, we've talked about this!!!
Raith Rovers thread so we,ll talk about anyone,any team

Yes you do, thanks for playing!!!
!!!???!!!??? etc

Thanks for adding to the debate by proving my point!!!