The New Raith Rovers Thread

Has this SuperHans explained the whole "my son was posting" pish yet? Anything he says should be null and void otherwise.
We've all posted stupid things on P&B m8, just come clean.

Already been challenged about his lyrics on here by myself and a few others.

No he refuses to dance to our tune.

Simply, no, no he hasn't. You'll likely get a green dot for referencing it, but he's not actually mentioned a single thing about it since. No idea why you'd not simply create a new account. 

1C840B1D-11B9-435F-BC79-BA95219E586B.gif.693fcd694eb30f0024be7556b06f4060.gif

Obsessed [emoji41][emoji41]

You kidded on an imaginary son called Martin had been secretly logging on to Pie and Bovril and then called us all out as bullies.

You then returned months later bold as brass without a word about it.

Come on Eric. We appreciate you’ve had a hard year. Talk us through it.

Leaving Starks is just pie in the sky no point discussing it. Anyway it's our home and I'm fine with it.

True, personally I’d rather we stayed at Starks anyway. New builds are always outside the town at some retail park and in my experience see the crowd drop. Starks has its faults but it’s walking distance from the High Street and Train Station.

14 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Simply, no, no he hasn't. You'll likely get a green dot for referencing it, but he's not actually mentioned a single thing about it since. No idea why you'd not simply create a new account. 

He did, called the Raith Diaries. One of the mods upon spotting this, I think it was Tynieness, said something along the lines of "stick to the SuperHans account pal" and that was that.

Why are people even talking about the possibility of leaving Starks?

I can’t see Sim forking out all that money for a new artificial pitch if there was any chance we could be leaving Starks at any point in the near future..

I think a move was definitely considered but once it had been added up and thought about regarding logistics and planning permission etc it was decided to make use of what we've got.

I'd love to see Starks move. I think it will happen one day but not soon. A modern facility which is built for purpose is exactly what we need. Sim has a big ambition to get Starks Park used more regularly as he said in his interview. Unfortunately with it being in the location that it is then it's harder for that to happen. Parking, room for expansion and it's not easy for people to get to and from if there's large numbers.

A nice we 6,000 seater on the edge of town with plenty of room around it and modern facilities would be a dream come true. But for now Starks Park will have to suffice. I'll not stop buying my lottery tickets though.

5 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I think a move was definitely considered but once it had been added up and thought about regarding logistics and planning permission etc it was decided to make use of what we've got.

I'd love to see Starks move. I think it will happen one day but not soon. A modern facility which is built for purpose is exactly what we need. Sim has a big ambition to get Starks Park used more regularly as he said in his interview. Unfortunately with it being in the location that it is then it's harder for that to happen. Parking, room for expansion and it's not easy for people to get to and from if there's large numbers.

A nice we 6,000 seater on the edge of town with plenty of room around it and modern facilities would be a dream come true. But for now Starks Park will have to suffice. I'll not stop buying my lottery tickets though.

That's where you lose me. Relocating to the edge of no where makes for a soulless match day experience.

That's where you lose me. Relocating to the edge of no where makes for a soulless match day experience.

I think that's a myth. Match day experience comes down to a lot more factors than just the location. Crowd numbers, product on the pitch and even how open or enclosed the stadium is.

The heritage of the club is lost as we're not on Pratt Street anymore, however what kind of match day experience are we getting right now rattling around in our 10,000 seater, meccano kit stadium?

4 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I think that's a myth. Match day experience comes down to a lot more factors than just the location. Crowd numbers, product on the pitch and even how open or enclosed the stadium is.

The heritage of the club is lost as we're not on Pratt Street anymore, however what kind of match day experience are we getting right now rattling around in our 10,000 seater, meccano kit stadium?

It's my personal experience, albeit that's all it is.  

It's my personal experience, albeit that's all it is.  

There are clubs that have lost a slight 'spark' when they've moved. Modern grounds suck out history and heritage from a club and there's nothing usually identifiable with a standard modern stadium. Would you be happier if he stadium was moved to an area further in town or against the whole idea of moving?

2 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

There are clubs that have lost a slight 'spark' when they've moved. Modern grounds suck out history and heritage from a club and there's nothing usually identifiable with a standard modern stadium. Would you be happier if he stadium was moved to an area further in town or against the whole idea of moving?

I think clubs build a sense of community around them. Not a huge thing but identifiable. The Novar and the late Starks bar are or were festooned with Raith memorabilia because of their proximity to the ground, in much the same way as the Elbow Rooms fulfils the same function for the Flyers. I think that's important, and not just because I'm too fond of the drink. It's a place to congregate that grows up organically around the football, something that elevates the experience beyond a two way car trip as your whole match day experience. 

I don't think Starks is ideally located, but far rather that than the outskirts of the town. 

I think clubs build a sense of community around them. Not a huge thing but identifiable. The Novar and the late Starks bar are or were festooned with Raith memorabilia because of their proximity to the ground, in much the same way as the Elbow Rooms fulfils the same function for the Flyers. I think that's important, and not just because I'm too fond of the drink. It's a place to congregate that grows up organically around the football, something that elevates the experience beyond a two way car trip as your whole match day experience. 
I don't think Starks is ideally located, but far rather that than the outskirts of the town. 

Fair point and I'd agree with a lot of that. Until the day comes where we actually do decide if it's an option then I'd hope the needs of as many people are thought of during the decision making and planning process.

At the cost of £700,000 and possibly higher (depending if any other problems arise) I wonder what the costs would have been for a complete move. I'm not suggesting this should have been the case, I'm just curious as to what the full cost and process would have been.

A stadium within close proximity of the retail park would be ideal. 

Easy to get to for travelling fans with a choice of pubs or eateries close by. 

I'd hope that a new stadium would have home and away bars that sold food too. 

Pie in the sky just now and for the foreseeable future unfortunately.