The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 hours ago, donny86 said:

Was he not released from the Reading academy?

He played for John Madejski Academy. They partner with Reading (JMA get to use their facilities), but are separate from the club's own youth teams. Bit of a strange arrangement, really. 

I'm really not getting this hiding stuff about our attackers? Tactically we are brutal. That's our biggest problem. We have two poachers who are being asked to do donkey work and our best player has been dropped back to cm to play forward passes because herron is useless at it. Barry Smith (as did Gary fucking locke) seems like a nice guy and I hope he is successful this season but I don't know what kind of job he would do if we do go up. Im still confident we will go up. One way or another.
Spot on!

McHattie is far from great but I thought we looked much better with him at left back on Saturday than we did without. I'd rather have him fit and available for the remainder of the season.

I disagree. He was on the pitch for about 20 mins and in that time, he had lost his man 3 times down that side. As a left back, his first priority is to defend.

He’s useless at defending. I’d rather have Murray at LB than McHattie.

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

McHattie is far from great but I thought we looked much better with him at left back on Saturday than we did without. I'd rather have him fit and available for the remainder of the season.

1 minute ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I disagree. He was on the pitch for about 20 mins and in that time, he had lost his man 3 times down that side. As a left back, his first priority is to defend.

He’s useless at defending. I’d rather have Murray at LB than McHattie.

Both true, can't argue we do look better going forward when he's on the pitch  but at the same time that only works when Bene is picking up the numerous mistakes he makes defending.

I’m not McHattie’s biggest fan but it’s harsh to be slating him based on half an hour on Saturday, when he’d just come back from a long-term injury. It’d obviously be preferable to have him available, playing is up for debate.

In any case I’d be surprised to see him again.