The New Raith Rovers Thread

54 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Off topic away from the Simpsons comparisons - I do apologise haha. But does anyone know where you could get these patches? More so the middle one. Much appreciated in advance. IMG_6913.jpg

The first one is on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAITH-ROVERS-FC-KINGS-OF-THE-LEAGUE-PATCH/162837319768?hash=item25e9dc5058:g:I50AAOSwdpxUV8FV

Thanks mate. However, I’ll wait until May before buying that... haha!

If anyone can point me in the direction of the middle or bottom, it would be greatly appreciated.

9 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Thanks mate. However, I’ll wait until May before buying that... haha!

If anyone can point me in the direction of the middle or bottom, it would be greatly appreciated.

You can find the middle one in the Raith online museum. Don't know where you'll get one though.

http://www.raithmuseum.org/?page_id=91

If we fail to go up this year it will mostly be down to Barry Smiths signing policy, I think he's made the classic mistake made by so many before him in bringing in quality over brawn.

Look at McCall's Ayr some decent skilful players and a right few who are more than happy to mix it with the opposition.  Even some the skilful ones like Shankland aren't exactly shrinking violets. Put simply I think their balance is better.

Meanwhile we have bought a relatively lightweight midfield and forward line.  Having a team of footballers is all good and well in a league where they'd be allowed to play but it'll only get you so far in the leagues below the Championship.  I truly believe the only reason we escaped from this league the last time was because we brought in Marvin Andrews.

I'm not asking us to kick the opposition off the park but it'd be nice to see us not getting bossed and bullied by bigger if less technically gifted individuals every other week.

Look at McCall's Ayr some decent skilful players and a right few who are more than happy to mix it with the opposition.  Even some the skilful ones like Shankland aren't exactly shrinking violets. Put simply I think their balance is better.

One thing I would say is it’s clear Ayr have a larger budget than us, we’re evidently trying to do things more within our means.

should Smith continue playing  LV center midfield  ? not really a success in this position

surely would be more effective up front playing with either GS or LB

why at  Alloa did McHattie take the first corner and then Vaughan took the rest, his corner taking is sadly lacking in goalscoring opportunities

One thing I would say is it’s clear Ayr have a larger budget than us, we’re evidently trying to do things more within our means.

A budget only does so much. If you had a semi competent manager in charge you might not have spunked most of your money on two strikers that have done very little and gave a new contract to an absolute cluster f**k of a goalie.

28 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

A budget only does so much. If you had a semi competent manager in charge you might not have spunked most of your money on two strikers that have done very little and gave a new contract to an absolute cluster f**k of a goalie.

When you put it like that, its amazing we only find ourselves a point behind the best Ayr side in generations.

When you put it like that, its amazing we only find ourselves a point behind the best Ayr side in generations.

Yeah but with the exception of our attack we’ve been pretty weak so far this season what with injuries.

What I’m saying is had Smith recruited better in pre season you could be doing much better than you currently are. But from the outside he seemed to pin his hopes on Buchanan and Spence scoring a barrel load of goals each which they haven’t done.

Wouldn’t worry about it though as both teams have shown they can’t run away with the league so I’d expect top spot to change hands at least twice before the end of the season.

This is not the "best Ayr side in generations". Defensively we are weak with a goalkeeper (until recently) that was a liability. Our midfield is powderpuff but we have a cracking strike force.

I don't think recruitment is the whole issue. A team containing Vaughan, Spence, Barr, Matthews, Robertson, Buchanan, Thomson should be able to be a better away record.

To have won 10 from 11 home games and not be top is not good at all.