The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, basher brash said:

Regarding  Vaughan and the Austin rumour mill, Why do you think Vaughan would be away? Considering he has been playing behind Spence and Buchanan in midfield at the moment, We could keep Vaughan in midfield / out wide and play Austin still?

Because unless we have an injection from cash somewhere (ie transfer fee), then its hard to believe we are outbidding a Championship club, when we couldnt afford a 28 day emergency loan earlier in the season.

14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

To a certain extent, but I think that people have a degree of responsibility for their own safety.  Stranraer should be able to make a call themselves if its safe enough for them to travel to Kirkcaldy or not, thats not the responsibility of RRFC.  Similarly with fans.  As the surrounding area outside the ground is safe and the pitch is playable, the club cant do too much.

If Stranraer think the weather isnt safe to travel in, they can make that call.  It's not up to us. 

Surely its the responsibility however of the SFA/SPFL to ensure club players, officials, fans etc can travel safely to a match.  We wil have players travelling from various parts of the country as well - do 2 or 3 of our guys not stay Glasgow way? If the roads are bad and the police are saying only travel if its absolutely necessary, then surely that's where its taken out our hands and the common sense approach is taken for safety of all involved.

Could also be perhaps Livi are just running things on a really tight and sensible budget?  I’d have Vaughan over Austin any day of the week, and would rather we concentrated on other areas of the pitch.  If we were to do that, and bring in Austin then that’s fine – but that will almost certainly not happen.

‘Livi’ and ‘really tight and sensible budget’ in the same sentence?

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

the pitch was frozen when they put the covers down on boxing day. At what point will it have thawed out? Also - given the amount of snow they have down in Dumfries, they should be taking the travelling team/support into account.

Whats the snow in dumfries got to do with Stranraer. Dumfries 75miles away and in the wrong direction. To get to kirkcaldy its up the coast on a77 and m77 then m8. Roads will be fine. Not heard but id imagine it was mostly rain or sleet ayr to stranraer. Snow in glasgow melting already.

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Because unless we have an injection from cash somewhere (ie transfer fee), then its hard to believe we are outbidding a Championship club, when we couldnt afford a 28 day emergency loan earlier in the season.

If Livingston didn’t go ahead with there last home game they wouldn’t have had any money  to pay there players wages, also our home attendance will be slightly higher and maybe John Sim is willing to make funds available or a business paying there wages

From Fantalk: "Celtic coaches saying their U20's "attacking midfielder" Regan Hendry has agreed to sign for Raith on loan until the end of the season"

Seems a decent player at youth level, quick google shows a few stories about scoring against Anderlecht and a hat trick against Sevco.

Regarding a Fash Deal....hes a totaly different player to Vaughn an out and out striker awkward as they come.......hes also been carrying injuries for the last two seasons ?

Great he can keep McHattie company in the treatment room.

17 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Where did I say, that Dundee have been relegated?

I said "more than likely"..meaning IMO.

Callachan had turned down Premiership opposition many times in the past to stay with us. We were told last Summer that Vaughan had done the same.. so why have you already packed his bags for his move to Dundee?

Callachan turned down Ross County, a team always fighting relegation and now he's playing for the team he's supported his whole life. Why wouldn't Vaughan do the same thing?

I would be extremely surprised if Vaughan turned down any Premiership club right now.

Callachan and Vaughan have completely different personal circumstances. As far as I'm aware, Callachan has a son who lives with his mother, not Ross, don't think he would've liked moving up north to play for County - sacrificing his time with his son.

You also can't see it as a given that if Vaughan bides his time he'll get a move to Hibs. If I was Lewis and a Dundee or a Motherwell came in for me, and the money was right, I'd be off.

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I often see youve made a comment but can't see what it is? Any ideas why?

I'm guessing you're on the App, Tweets don't show on the App.

However that Tweet was deleted for some reason but I'll c&p it for you.

PITCH UPDATE | The covers have done the trick and the pitch is looking good for tomorrow’s match v Stranraer. Volunteers still needed to help lift the pitch covers tomorrow at 9am https://t.co/wYpsIZo67s

— RRFC Official (@RaithRovers_FC) December 29, 2017

I would be extremely surprised if Vaughan turned down any Premiership club right now.
Callachan and Vaughan have completely different personal circumstances. As far as I'm aware, Callachan has a son who lives with his mother, not Ross, don't think he would've liked moving up north to play for County - sacrificing his time with his son.
You also can't see it as a given that if Vaughan bides his time he'll get a move to Hibs. If I was Lewis and a Dundee or a Motherwell came in for me, and the money was right, I'd be off.

Unless you’re that Peterhead forward or the likes, there’s no danger a Scottish League 1 player would turn down a move to Dundee in the Scottish Premiership.