The New Raith Rovers Thread

I hadn't read that thread previously, and now look like I've nicked Nizzy's Dads Army stuff.

No biggie - we're luring them into a false sense of security for our League Cup tie up there at end of the month.

we need a right back craig thomson is released not many would want him. McGlynn would know him think he would bring him in as he is a good player and would not cost alot?

Not sure Thomson will find it easy to get a club in the short term,if at all !!

Sure McGlynn knows of him ,but would he really want to take such a risk for RRFC's reputation, as PCB infers, below?

Only the clubs integrity and standing in the community. Or have I bean whooshed

we need a right back craig thomson is released not many would want him. McGlynn would know him think he would bring him in as he is a good player and would not cost alot?

Well thats my daughter locked up.............terrific wind up though

I'm not usually one for putting moral issues ahead of footballing decisions, but I don't think this one would be worth it.

Any potential football benefits would be outweighed by the negative press attention, the painfully predictable "PEEDO OUT NOW!!!1" boycott, possible "squad harmony" issues, and whatever else.

He's a young fella who should probably be embraced at some level by the football community, but he'd probably be better off trying out somewhere abroad, where the press attention won't be quite so intense.

I don't believe the guy should not be given a second chance. I think the initial bad publicity and stigma associated with his crime would not make this a sensible move. We do need a right-back though...

Edited by Enigma

Right back is quite a pedestrian position - if he was a 20 goal a season striker, I'd probably have my little sister sponsor his shirt.

Aye, but if we are stuck with Donaldson (who I don't think I have seen play) who by all accounts doesn't seem up to the job really, then we could see our season ruined buy him being exploited time and again. It could become very frustrating. While it may be a predestrian position, it's not the kind of position you want to make your Achilles' heel.

All speculation though, I would like to think our 'second loanee' is a right back.

Edited by Enigma

You've not seen him play yet but you're already blaming him from ruining the season? We know how to give our youngsters time to settle in.

(I liked the look of him in the one reserve game I saw last season, for what it's worth. Too early to say how he'll make the step up, but he's done well enough so far to deserve the chance, imho.)

You've not seen him play yet but you're already blaming him from ruining the season? We know how to give our youngsters time to settle in.

Ok, I maybe over-dramatised. Fair enough. I havn't seen him play ( I may have in a reserve game I was at last season but can't remember) but have heard accounts from people who have. Regardless, my point wasn't a dig at him. The point I was trying to make was while a right back may seem a 'pedestrain position' it certainly isn't the best position to have your 'weak link', whoever that may be. I'm all for bringing youths through (If they are good enough) and I'm quite happy to give him time. I'll trust McGlynn's judgement on this one. Hopefully I will see him in action on Tuesday.

Edited by Enigma