The New Raith Rovers Thread

Utterly bemusing that we'd try to sign another forward, when we we've got about five already (admittedly, Osei is nowhere near the standard needed). I'd far rather we signed another centre back, left back or tried to get another midfielder in. With that said, a few pages back tipped us for Sutton and Connolly.  If he ends up being correct on the latter, then that would be an absolutely huge boost for us. Connolly was a superb player, and he wanted to move away from York. Can't see him wanting to return though.

Major requirement I think is Centre Midfield or a wide midfielder. I'd like to see a Centre Back, but young Mckay is actually doing quite well in there.

Any problems at the back will be helped when the injuries clear up,  our problems in midfield will still be there.

Major requirement I think is Centre Midfield or a wide midfielder. I'd like to see a Centre Back, but young Mckay is actually doing quite well in there.
Any problems at the back will be helped when the injuries clear up,  our problems in midfield will still be there.

Something to factor in is Davidson being on 5 yellow cards and Spence and Vaughan on 4.

I think we’ll see Jonny Court or Yaw going out on loan if we’re trying to bring in another striker. Personally I think we need at least 1 wide player. We currently have Bobby Barr who’s been injured for months - and that’s it. Talk of getting Aiden Connolly is madness, surely. James Craigen maybe not so far off the mark.

31 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think we’ll see Jonny Court or Yaw going out on loan if we’re trying to bring in another striker. Personally I think we need at least 1 wide player. We currently have Bobby Barr who’s been injured for months - and that’s it. Talk of getting Aiden Connolly is madness, surely. James Craigen maybe not so far off the mark.

I would say we have a much better chance of landing Connolly rather than Craigen. Wasn't Connolly banished from York's first team way back in September? I'm sure the newspaper article at the time stated the only club that had shown interest in him were Chorley fc. Craigen plays with one of the highest budget teams in the league above us and would probably be on higher wages and in demand more than Connolly who plays in the National league north. Would love to see both of them back at Starks though. 

Can't believe we tried to sign Sutton when we clearly need other positions covered. Absolute stupidity unless of course they were going to sign a wide midfielder and a fullback as well as Sutton. 

Personally I’d like to see a winger in. When trying to stretch teams we always revert back to being narrow, really the only criticism I’ve had this season. Also a left full back, McHattie what a bloody waste of a wage!!
Also, just watched the prematch interview, how good is it to see Barry having a wee laugh on camera. Great news regarding Bene. And anyone in the know of who the club has been speaking to? As in seen any new faces up at Michael Woods.

I think the only player we’ll sign is Graeme Smith for the rest of the season. Unless we offload some of the fringe players we won’t sign anybody. It just reeks of Part time football next season. If so we’ll have to grin and bear it. Atleast there won’t be any expectations on the team and manager and plod along in the seaside leagues for the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

I think the only player we’ll sign is Graeme Smith for the rest of the season. Unless we offload some of the fringe players we won’t sign anybody. It just reeks of Part time football next season. If so we’ll have to grin and bear it. Atleast there won’t be any expectations on the team and manager and plod along in the seaside leagues for the foreseeable future.

Part time fitba next season? We're top 2, fighting for promotion, and at the least we'll have a great chance through the playoffs. Be more positive man!

Hard to believe we’re looking at centre forwards with glaring holes all over the rest of the park. Genuine lunancy.

Hopefully at least this means there’s a little bit of wiggle room for players to come in. A wide midfielder has been an obvious shortage since July, and depending on Kevin McHattie’s fitness a left back could be necessary too.

Looking for a striker isn’t a problem, provided its to supplement the areas we desperately need strengthening.  I’d have my doubts we have room to bring in that many players though, unless Vaughan is indeed away.  If that were the case, I reckon we would need to bring in 2 players absolute minimum, someone in the middle of the park and someone out wide to provide a creative outlet – and probably a striker too.