The New Raith Rovers Thread

I’m sorry but I’m really not wanting the club to be wasting money on another striker. Can’t just take last years approach and have hunners of forward thinking players. We’re desperately need a winger or 2 if Bobby Barr is out injured long term. The team is seriously unbalanced at present. Albeit been managing to do almost enough. I’ll still blame it on GMT though. Roll on February when we start winning 5-0 again

1 minute ago, WSDR 88 said:

I’m sorry but I’m really not wanting the club to be wasting money on another striker. Can’t just take last years approach and have hunners of forward thinking players. We’re desperately need a winger or 2 if Bobby Barr is out injured long term. The team is seriously unbalanced at present. Albeit been managing to do almost enough. I’ll still blame it on GMT though. Roll on February when we start winning 5-0 again

BST starts on the last Sunday in March.

Why would you possibly need Sutton when you have two of the top scorers in this league last season plus Vaughan.

Because Vaughan will likely jump ship in January.

Still wouldn’t want Sutton though. Not as if he’d get in our team anyway.

23 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Because Vaughan will likely jump ship in January.

Still wouldn’t want Sutton though. Not as if he’d get in our team anyway.

Your fans seem to be under the impression he's already away, which is utterly bizarre. Unless there's a ridiculous offer Vaughan will be staying put. 

Why would you possibly need Sutton when you have two of the top scorers in this league last season plus Vaughan.

Buchanan is one of the laziest players I've seen in a long time. The only thing he has going for him is, his touch is phenomenal. He has missed a couple of open goals this season as well. Complete waste of a wage.

Spence runs about a lot but his end product is really poor and his decision making is extremely poor as well. In saying that, if the other players do the work for him to create chances. He'll put them away.

Of the 2 I'd rather have Spence in the team over Buchanan. The fact that Smith doesn't rate Osei or Court that highly at all tells me that we do need another striker to make sure Buchanan has to work for his place.

The fact that Spence and Buchanan got 53 goals between them last season really is hard to believe. They've only got 10 league goals between them this season so far. Even our full back, Jason Thomson, has the same amount of league goals as Buchanan this season so far( 4).

I feel sorry for Buchanan. 

Long balls humped at him all game when it's clear for most to see that this doesn't suit his game. 

Sutton might help Buchanan with knock-downs and that. 

I'm maybe not scrutinising our games enough but laziness isn't something that I'd accuse the player of. 

17 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Buchanan is a penalty box striker getting shite balls pelted up to him.

This. Both Spence and Buchanan are in a position where they were previously the main out and out strikers in their team. The problem is now they're expected to share, and our midfield has very little impetus. It doesn't help Graeme Smith loves to smash the ball up the pitch as often as possible. 

I think Buchanan is decent he's an intelligent player and a good finisher he also has an eye for half chances the issue is we are playing completely against his strengths by punting it long and high as well as this Vaughan is dragging us through every game which is really needed and i think hes worth his weiggt in gold. However it means there is little attractive play with the ball on the deck getting passed around.

I think Smith needs to hit reset look at what his strongest 11 was at the start of the season and how to play them and go from there at the minute it' just a bit of a lumbering mess with a real lack of cohesion and direction.

It was said at the time but the sale of Callachan has fucked this team had he stayed we would have consistency in the middle and a real box to box player, as well as that he was big strong and fit all attributes you need.

Spence and Buchanan have been goal-scorers for their respective careers, but neither have been facilitators of goals.

To pair them up at Stark’s Park and expect that to change is a pretty ill-conceived plan.

As would the acquisition of Sutton for Vaughan, considering we haven’t actually played Vaughan up front this season.

The middle of the park is a disaster, and if we have any money to spend, it has to go there, anything else would be mental.